Sesame Workshop is looking for a Manager, Annual Giving and Analytics. The Manager will be responsible for managing the Annual Giving program and helping to build and strengthen the Workshop’s broad base of donors and potential donors through fundraising and engagement efforts both domestically and abroad.
This position reports to the Vice President will be a valuable member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and will work with the Chief Development Officer, other members of the Philanthropic Development team and colleagues across the organization in support of growing and managing the Annual Giving efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to help shape and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to build Annual Giving and the Yellow Feather Fund; with the goal of increasing unrestricted support for Sesame Workshop’s portfolio of domestic and international initiatives.
- Provide assistance to the VP, Annual Giving and Analytics in implementing strategies for establishing and strengthening relationships with Sesame’s current pool of donors under $1K through a multi-channel approach; help establish and track targets for increasing overall number of donors, annual gift upgrades, sustainers, and overall donor engagement.
- Support VP, Annual Giving and Analytics on identifying new sources of prospective donors (email acquisition, events, employee matching programs, social, surveys).
- Work with digital and marketing/communications teams to improve messaging on nonprofit status; continue to enhance web and social presence as well as standing and reputation on Guidestar and other nonprofit accreditation platforms.
- With guidance from VP, provide oversight and direction on monthly newsletter with Sesame’s current donor and prospect base, manage annual campaign efforts (Giving Tuesday, End of Year Appeal, World Days); work closely with marketing on social media and email marketing programs to provide consistency in communications.
- Work closely with Salesforce CRM Manager to streamline integration of CRM with additional tools/systems used in building out annual giving, including Pardot, MobileCause, and any future donor analytic software.
- Help lay the groundwork for segmentation strategies, working with the Email Marketing Manager and CRM Manager, to engage Annual Giving donors and develop the Yellow Feather Fund program as an effective pipeline to the Major Gifts program.
- Work closely with Salesforce CRM Manager for creation of reports used to measure ROI on strategies, communications, and monetary investments in current and prospective donor base growth.
- Support VP, Annual Giving and Analytics in donor relations, providing materials, draft communications, as well as assisting with briefings, appointment scheduling reporting.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with finance on expanding portfolio of unrestricted annual giving support (employee matching, commercial co-ventures, voluntary solicitations, etc.) and ensuring accurate representation in financial reports.
- Collect and synthesize relevant research, impact statistics, stories, and anecdotes to be used in appeals, newsletters and other communications.
- Support VP in developing and managing recurring/monthly donor program, including cultivating current donors through customized communications, working with CRM team to maintain/update donor records and plans for renewing/upgrading membership.
- Collaborate with media education business colleagues on efforts to support Yellow Feather Fund including products, partnerships, 50th anniversary and other promotional and fundraising opportunities.
- Explore development of tools for peer-to-peer fundraising through existing platforms such as MobileCause and other platforms.
- Support VP Annual Giving and Analytics with managing contracts, billing and payment processing for freelancers and third party organizations.
- Travel 10%
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the nonprofit sector and a demonstrated track record of success in fundraising or relationship management at a not-for-profit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- MS Office proficiency and excellent overall technology skills required
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manage complex spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-starter with sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Minimum Education Required