Housing Alliance Delaware, Inc. is a statewide non-profit organization with the mission to advance housing opportunities, end homelessness, and promote vibrant communities. Housing Alliance Delaware serves as the Continuum of Care Lead Agency and HMIS Lead Agency for Delaware, and also implements Delaware’s coordinated entry system, Centralized Intake. Housing Alliance Delaware has two offices located in Dover and Wilmington. Centralized Intake operates throughout the state, with its main office located in Wilmington.
The Centralized Intake Housing Specialist is responsible for overseeing the process by which homeless households in Kent County and Sussex County are assessed, prioritized, and referred to permanent housing resources in the community such as permanent supportive housing and rapid re-housing. The Housing Specialist is directly supervised by the Centralized Intake Program Manager, and will work out of both of Dover and Wilmington offices.
· Perform VI-SPDAT assessments with people experiencing homelessness in Kent and Sussex counties, targeting those with the highest levels of need for assessments and prioritization
· Manage a by name list for housing placements and ensure proper prioritization based on Delaware’s program standards
· Refer homeless households to housing and ensure a smooth referral process and warm hand-off for consumers
· Partner with homeless assistance providers as needed to ensure successful housing outcomes for all households
· Respond to consumer requests for assistance with eligibility documentation and housing referrals
· Help clients collect and prepare eligibility documentation for housing
· Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with homeless assistance providers, housing providers, and other partners as needed throughout Kent County and Sussex County
· Perform outreach as needed in the community to assist clients and develop partnerships
· Other duties as assigned by the Centralized Intake Program Manager, Associate Director, or Executive Director
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable working with data and in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance direct client needs with administrative duties
- Experience providing direct service to vulnerable populations, specifically people experiencing homelessness
- Commitment to ending homelessness in Delaware and housing first
- Knowledge of homeless services in Sussex and Kent Counties a plus, but not required
- Reliable personal transportation
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work, or other relevant field; or 1+ years working in direct service with vulnerable populations
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required