Homes for the Homeless (HFH) provides homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
Homes for the Homeless is searching for a dynamic Family Services Coordinator to serve on our management team and provide expertise and advice in successful operations of family shelters in multiple locations. This position supports our Family Services teams in the Bronx and Queens by locating resources for difficult cases, finding solutions to help our organization stay compliant with funders, and liaise between all the people who make Homes for the Homeless run. Our ideal candidate is a go-getter, quick to make connections, knowledgeable about the field of social work, excellent about following up, and cares deeply about New York's most vulnerable children.
- Lead our initiative to hire, train and monitor our Client Care Coordinators (Social Workers) in shelter.
- Review case management records and critical files to ensure quality service delivery.
- Supervise day-to-day projects to ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Attend conferences, community meetings, DHS meetings and other events to remain informed on current policy and changes to existing policy.
- Acts as liaison between HFH staff and outside agencies, contractors, and vendors.
- Visit facilities frequently to ensure all internal and external policies and procedures are adhered to including those of DHS and OTDA.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in the areas of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or other social science.
- 5-7 years working in social services. Preferably field experience.
- An understanding of operational systems, preferably the DHS family shelter system.
- Willingness to travel to sites frequently (all within NYC).
Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Apply for Agency-Wide Family Services Coordinator via the link: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required