43-31 39th Street
Your typical day: You start your day with a deadline: a $1,000,000 contract needs to have every document in place so 200 seniors can count on hot meals, a warm ride and the counseling, coaching and activities they need to be healthy and happy. You’ll have to read lots of fine print, go back and forth between finance and program people so that everything from audits to appendices are in place. But your job is never one task. A Department of Health program officer is coming by to make sure Home Health Aide training is performed according to regulations.
You’ve excelled at your job and together with great staff in programs, finance, data/admin and development you’ve made sure Sunnyside Community Services has fulfilled it’s commitments to funders, and most importantly – to Ms. Sanchez – the 87 year old senior center member you see every morning as you head to your data tables and she heads for her breakfast table. Your days are filled with files and forms --- but your impact is about thousands of youth, seniors and families that are counting on you. A day at Sunnyside is anything but typical – are you up to the challenge?
The Organization: Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, not-for-profit social service organization (a settlement house) in Queens (10 minutes by subway from Grand Central), is seeking a Contract and Compliance Manager. "Sunnyside" comprises three corporations, including two licensed home care agencies and a community services organization. The three entities operate as divisions providing a continuum of services for children, teenagers, families, and active and frail elderly, under the direction of a single board and Executive Director.
The Opportunity: The Contract Manager will manage the contract and compliance functions for SCS’s programs serving youth, families, and seniors. Management of government contracts and monitoring program deliverables will happen in collaboration with two senior program executives and program leaders.
The Contract and Compliance Manager reports to the Associate Executive Director for Community Services. As the designated Corporate Compliance Officer they also have direct access to the Board and reports to the Executive Director.
- Managing the technical and legal side of 30 government contracts in youth and family services, home care and senior services.
- Oversees the organization’s corporate compliance program
- Conducts annual staff trainings
- Completes annual Office of Medicaid Inspector General attestations
- Conducts corporate compliance investigation as needed
· Strong administrator with a minimum of five years experience in managing government contracts and/or programs in social service setting – or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated administrative and management skills including experience with large-scale programs that have multiple funding streams, contractual requirements, and performance outcomes.
· Ability to work in a team environment as well as ability to follow through independently on assigned tasks.
· Excellent computer and communication skills – strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Salary is commensurate with experience; excellent benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate “Contract and Compliance Manager – Your Name” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer