Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope for Women is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo counties affected by domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. We also provide educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer, healthier future.
We are looking for a Development and Communications Associate. This person will support agency strategies for development and community engagement with an emphasis on external communications and special events. Raise awareness about domestic violence and publicize the organization’s work through a variety of channels, including website, print and social media, to a variety of audiences. Implement best practices and foster community relationships for a successful development program, manage database, ensure timely acknowledgements, and track in-kind donations. Coordinate organization-sponsored special events. Requires travel throughout Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox and Waldo Counties, and will be required to work occasional nights and weekends.
· Attention to detail, structured way of approaching tasks and very organized.
· Ability to determine priorities amongst often competing needs.
· Ability to plan ahead and be flexible to changing programmatic priorities.
· Practical thinker and problem solver.
· Respectful, kind, and empathetic.
· Relevant Associate’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two or more years of related work experience. Prior experience with communications, events, and/or development in a non-profit environment strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and production of videos using VIMEO.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Highly motivated self-starter able to work collaboratively and independently, and able to balance multiple projects at a time.
· Strong organizational/time management skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word. Able to use Mac-compatible products to create posters and other advertising. Experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp, Canva and managing websites a plus.
· Experience developing and implementing online fundraising a plus.
· Knowledge of - and sensitivity to - issues of domestic abuse, sexual assault, and stalking.
· Successful completion of required advocacy training upon hire.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope for Women is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and…
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Please add “Development and Communications Associate” to the subject field.
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with intersecting identities - LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.