Position: Administrative Assistant, New York
Reports to: Office Manager, New York
Status: Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Location: New York, New York
Start date: Immediate
The successful candidate will support the New York team in every way to contribute towards a smoothly functioning office. In addition to regional activities and support roles, he/she will hold memberships on various cross-functional teams that will link them to other administrative assistants and project groups throughout the organization. At the local level, this position assists staff in carrying out the organizational and administrative functions necessary for the successful implementation of the annual action plan for the New York office.
· Provide administrative support for general office activities, and other departments as needed, in the New York office. This includes developing and maintaining office systems in addition to word-processing, weekly database management (SalesForce), mailings, filing, ordering supplies, photocopying, etc.
· Provide reception duties for office: Answering all incoming calls and directing to appropriate Staff members, representing Facing History to and providing basic information to all callers and on site visitors
· Provide high level support work to Executive Director, New York: schedule and confirm meetings, attend meetings with when requested, take notes as needed and support with follow-up, general administrative tasks
· Assist as technology support person in New York office; maintain technical systems and communicate with Headquarters regarding technological concerns
· Lead as point of contact for liaising with building management: building problems/repairs/inspections (i.e. HVAC issues, plumber, locksmith, elevator, security, etc.)
· Maintaining accounts with vendors (UPS, photocopier, water cooler, etc.) Oversee general office cleanliness/organization
· Facilitate intra-office moves, set-up for new hires, and coordinate logistics for staff work spaces.
· Making travel arrangements for staff and outside consultants, speakers.
· Key player in logistics for support of program staff professional development - seminars and workshops (including shipping supplies, compiling materials, ordering books, catering, cars etc).
· Work with New York office and Finance Dept regarding tracking expenses and commitments related to projects, coordinating accounting and bookkeeping, managing reimbursements for members of the New York office.
· Assisting with hiring process, as needed.
· Leading administrative segments of staff meetings. Coordination of local activities in New York office – including but not limited to Workshops, Student Leadership activities, support of Benefit Dinner,
· Communicating with teachers and public about Facing History.
· Maintaining introductory and press materials about Facing History
· Mailing resource materials to public.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Creative energy, self-starting; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.
Minimum Education Required