Full Time Temporary
Details: Commensurate with experience.
254 West 31st Street
NYRP improves, maintains, and programs open spaces in communities lacking adequate resources. Working on public and private land citywide, NYRP’s flexible approach to land management serves as a model for non-profit municipal engagement. Together with partners in city agencies, non-profit organizations, and local communities, NYRP demonstrates the social and environmental value of building ownership over open spaces.
Summary of Position:
The Public Programs Assistant will work with the Public Programming team to implement outdoor programs focused in arts, healthy living, tree giveaways, and volunteering. This position offers the opportunity to strengthen communities while adding an array of experience to your resume. This position will work closely with the Public Programs Manager and report to the Director of Public Programming.
Responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the coordination, outreach, and execution of public events including but not limited to: volunteer events, arts, culture & wellness events, tree giveaways, and a variety of garden programming.
· Coordinating and implementing localized, grassroots outreach efforts for public programs
· Matching volunteers to organizational/community needs and opportunities
· Assisting with program evaluation through data collection and data management
· Collecting feedback and reporting to the team in order to strengthen future events
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to travel throughout NYC, including evenings and weekends.
· Experience in event planning
· Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and written, internally and externally (Spanish speaker preferred, though not required)
· Basic carpentry skills
· A self-starter that is able to work independently and meet deadlines
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) + Adobe Creative Suite and In Design
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve with attention to details
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (carrying equipment is a common part of the role)
Start date: April 03, 2018
End date: November 16, 2018
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaker preferred, though not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references by email to email@example.com or by standard mail to the attention of the Director of Public Programming at 254 W. 31st Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.