Our Mission: increase investment and participation in 4‑H programs to support the next generation of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and Board of Trustees believe that helping kids achieve their boldest dreams empowers them and our communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports national and state 4‑H programs focusing on fundraising, brand management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services. Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center and the National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks a creative, driven team player to help 4-H become one of the industry’s most sought-after cause marketing partners. The Development Manager, Cause Marketing will contribute to the Resource Development (RD) department fundraising goal, including coordinating partnerships ranging from $25K to $250K from regional and national corporations to support unrestricted operational efforts. This position is primarily external facing. With internal coordination, the Manager will aim to secure and renew corporate partner accounts that raise revenue and awareness for 4-H. Additionally, in partnership with the Director, Cause Marketing, and the Account Management and Marketing teams, the Manager will develop unique fundraising activations and concepts that successfully drive a partners’ business objectives and further engage partner employees, customers, vendors, and franchisees, etc. The Manager will also strategize and contribute to all areas, including planning, prospecting, cultivation, new business development, donor deliverables and stewardship, proposal writing, and reporting.
In response to COVID-19, all positions are currently temporarily remote.
Development Portfolio Duties
- Combine innovative and proven strategies to manage and assist in the successful day-to-day execution of revenue-generating partnerships with high-profile consumer brands that help Council achieve unrestricted fundraising goals and support the capacity of local 4-H programs.
- Secure and steward an annual portfolio of $500K-$1M.
- Assist with the cause marketing growth strategy and new business development by identifying prospects and building a pipeline through various mechanisms, including prospecting, cultivation at conferences and other events, vetting requests through the online platform, and pitching interested parties.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of cause marketing and relevant industry trends and best practices for increasing revenue and amplifying our storytelling.
- Develop unique activation strategies that further partners’ business objectives such as employee engagement, traffic, sales volume, customer loyalty, and public relations while maximizing fundraising potential and ensuring year-over-year growth of partnership revenues.
- Build relationship loyalty through meticulous service and support and creative problem-solving. Specific tasks could include supporting the development of pitch decks, partnership marketing and communications plans, participating in conference calls and partner summits, and refreshing research and insights on corporate partners.
- Help evaluates partnership success and identifies opportunities for improvement. Work collaboratively to prepare and present year-end review documents.
Cross-Organizational Collaboration Duties
- Stay informed about organizational priorities and create areas of alignment through strategic relationship management and donor stewardship.
- Work with Shop 4-H, Creative, and Marketing (Integrated + Digital) to develop concepts and timelines for high-quality prospecting and integrated proposal development.
- Facilitate and oversee the successful execution of cause marketing campaigns with multiple internal stakeholders across Marketing and Account Management teams.
Strategic Communication Duties
- Maintain frequent donor engagement and facilitate meetings regularly through in-person and virtual calls, email updates, and other key communication, as needed.
- Liaison between corporate partners and internal teams by helping to align on shared vision, goals, and projects -- while navigating challenges that may arise with a positive, solutions-orientation approach.
- Partner with Account Management, Integrated Marketing, and Digital teams to develop and deliver internal project plans, donor reports and milestones, team meetings, and field engagement unique to each donor account.
- Lead and supervise other projects as required by Director, Cause Marketing.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, non-profit management, public administration, business administration, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience working on complex, cross-functional corporate sector teams, programs, and partnerships.
- A minimum of three years of experience in successful corporate or foundation fundraising with experience developing or supporting large-scale cause-marketing or CSR/corporate philanthropy partnerships is desirable.
- Three to five years of outstanding interpersonal and relationship management experience, including establishing and growing relationships between private and non-profit sectors and the ability to identify and work through challenges, underscored by solid judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and organizational skills are required. An ability to manage multi-faceted projects and perform well independently in a fluid, multitasking environment is essential for success in the role.
- Reasonable skill in clear, persuasive, and dynamic communication (written and oral) with various stakeholders across various technology platforms, including virtual and video conferencing, collaborative documents.
- Adept at coordinating and prioritizing individual workload, are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities, and maintaining focus and communication with colleagues to perform within a team-oriented and remote environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), required.
- Proficiency in Dynamics/Stratus Live or equivalent fundraising/CRM software.
- Demonstrated interest in youth development preferred.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary for up to 20% (5 days/month; local, regional & national). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Senior Manager, Cause Marketing
- Director, Cause Marketing
- Senior Director, Cause Marketing
- Vice President of Development