The Teen Services Program Director will be responsible for leading Teen Services, which provides low-barrier, high-quality services to homeless youth under the age of 21 in its Teen Center, Joe Kreisler Teen Shelter and Transitional Living Program.
As a key member of the Preble Street management team, the Teen Services Program Director:
- must be an agile, adaptable, experienced leader and manager, committed to the agency mission;
- oversees the delivery of direct services, maintains relationships with partners, represents Teen Services through internal and external committees; and coordinates and facilitates meetings among the team as well as with key partners;
- is accountable for all aspects of program management and oversight, including program administration and implementation, quality of care, and staff supervision, training and support of the case management team;
- is responsible for maintaining data, records and systems to comply with contract requirements, recording program successes, and identifying areas of potential improvement, managing the program budget;
- takes a leadership role in agency activities such as staff and management meetings, training, community relations, and fundraising activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public administration, business administration or related field of study, and significant, relevant experience in nonprofit management; or comparable combination of education and relevant experience. A minimum of three years of experience working with homeless youth.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, management and supervision skills within a collaborative environment (non-profit management experience preferred);
- Experience managing federal grants including managing budgets;
- Strong project management skills and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate issues, and creatively problem-solve, with a positive, solutions-driven approach to work and related challenges;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Experience with homeless and/or poverty-related service provision, and an understanding of the challenges facing youth under the age of 21;
- Understanding of social work best practices;
- Knowledge of and experience working in partnership with community resources and service providers.
Please note: This position’s schedule will require some evening and weekend hours, as well as local, regional and statewide travel. In addition to the above requirements, to be eligible for employment with Teen Services, staff must be at least 21 years of age; undergo and pass a physical examination, which includes a test for TB; hold certification or become certified in First Aid (in-house training opportunities offered); provide proof of education (diploma or transcript); and clear several required background checks. Teen Services staff also must attend recurrent, regularly-scheduled trainings, which are provided in-house.
The compensation package for this exempt full-time position includes a competitive salary, as well as paid health, dental, life and disability insurances for the employee; 403B Retirement Plan with an employer match; an Employee Assistance Plan; and generous paid vacation, sick, and personal time benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
You may also send your application materials via postal mail to: Preble Street, Human Resources, 38 Preble Street, Portland, ME 04101
Preble Street is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, military status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all of Preble Street’s hiring practices, and to all terms and conditions of employment.