Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
- Job posted by San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
Details: Minimum starting salary of $42,500, depending on experience.
2535 Mission Street
Employer: San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
Position: Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
Status: Full-time non-exempt
Posted: July 25, 2018; open until filled
Through advocacy and mentorship, the San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program (SFCASA) empowers community members to stand up for a foster child and champion their rights in court. SFCASA recruits, trains and provides ongoing support to community volunteers serving as officers of the court to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the foster care system. Through sustained, personal attention, SFCASA creates positive change in children’s lives, providing children with hope, stability and opportunities to thrive in preparation for healthy, productive adult lives. More information can be found at www.sfcasa.org.
The Volunteer Recruitment & Retention Coordinator has the primary responsibility to undertake community outreach to identify and recruit volunteers; intake and maintain volunteer information in the program database; organize volunteer recognition programs and special events; collaborate in the coordination and delivery of volunteer communications; and support resource development, including marketing and communications. This position will report to the Training Manager.
Coordination of CASA Volunteer Recruitment
- Coordinate CASA volunteer recruitment and outreach activities in partnership with staff, board, volunteers and current and potential community partner entities to identify a diverse and qualified volunteer pool that meets the strategic needs of SFCASA
- Support the CASA volunteer intake process in collaboration with staff, including organizing and conducting orientation sessions, processing applications, scheduling screening interviews, coordinating background checks, and communicating with potential volunteers
- Work in partnership with the Training Manager to ensure smooth transition of recruits to training class
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date volunteer information in program database
- Maintain volunteer background checks promoting best practices and ensuring national, state and local compliance and serve as Custodian of Records for the Agency
Coordination of volunteer opportunities, events, and retention programs
- Under the direction of the Training Manager, coordinate a team of volunteers to support recruitment within the Agency, including training volunteers and scheduling and supporting the team to conduct information sessions
- Work with SFCASA staff to design, promote, maintain, and support a range of volunteer opportunities within the Agency, including maintaining volunteer service descriptions for the non-CASA volunteer roles; provide support to staff for outreach for various non-advocacy volunteer support roles
- Collaborate with SFCASA’s Development staff to support resource development and communication initiatives
- Organize volunteer recognition programs and special events, including annual Advocate Appreciation event
- Create and distribute various communications and publications, including the monthly newsletter and other information and opportunities for volunteers
- Support the development, measurement and ongoing evaluation of volunteer recruitment efforts to ensure success and continual improvement
- Establish and maintain effective, collegial working relationships with SFCASA staff, board and volunteers, as well as with representatives of the larger Bay Area community in support of volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention
- Other duties as assigned; non-essential job duties, non-related responsibilities and other tasks as required by the Executive Director and Agency may be assigned from time to time – SFCASA is a small non-profit organization requiring flexibility from its staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Flexibility with hours, including frequent evenings and some weekends, with an ability to communicate effectively with Training Manager and other SFCASA staff regarding workload and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in marketing and communications and/or social-service related field preferred
- 2 years (or more) of experience in the fields of social service and/or community outreach and engagement
- Strong working knowledge of community resources and the strengths and challenges to improve and grow volunteer engagement in the San Francisco and greater Bay Area
- Must complete SFCASA Volunteer Advocate Core Training
- Must pass a comprehensive background check
- Strong written communication skills, including editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to present to diverse audiences under various circumstances
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs and comfort learning and utilizing new software programs
- Experience with Salesforce and FormAssembly preferred
- Strong task management and project management skills
- Demonstrated respect of all people regardless of socioeconomic background, culture, religion, sexual orientation, disability or gender expression and experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise diplomacy and discretion in communication with others
- Spanish-English bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
SFCASA offers a robust benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance; a 403(b) retirement savings fund; flexible spending plans; and generous vacation and sick leave and paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-English bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references in one PDF file via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Coordinator Open Position” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or site visits. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
San Francisco CASA is an equal opportunity employer.