Details: competitive with market rate
155 9th Street
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age. Since 2011, we’ve worked with thousands of tech industry professionals to help over 100 state and local governments take a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach to solving problems. We believe that government services can and should be as good as the best consumer services: simple, accessible, and easy to use. And when they are, we spend less, get better outcomes, and serve everyone with dignity and respect.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate fundraiser to join a fast-paced, mission-driven team to manage our current portfolio of individual donors and grow our individual program from $2M to $5M over the next few years. You’ll report to the Senior Director of Development and work with a team of five to accomplish ambitious and exciting goals growing our existing $17M annual budget.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to cultivate and secure new and increased major and annual fund gifts — we are building an individual program to help us meet our aspirations, not just support our current work. We are looking for someone eager to set and exceed ambitious goals who wants to help us move mountains, and make a meaningful contribution to an organization making a real difference in people’s lives at scale.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Development, is a full-time opportunity and is based in San Francisco, Ca.
- Work with an amazing team to raise millions of dollars in order to help government work, starting with the people who need it most.
- Oversee all aspects of individual giving at Code for America, including both annual fund and major gifts.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive, proactive development plan for individual giving, with focus on expanding and enhancing relationships for financial support from individuals with the potential for five-, six-, and seven-figure gifts.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and manage stewardship of individual donors and donor prospects.
- Create cultivation and stewardship events that deepen our community’s understanding of and engagement with Code for America.
- Steward current donors to Code for America by managing regular email updates, calls, in-person meetings, etc.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in fundraising, sales or biz dev, with proven results.
- Track record building a pipeline, not just managing existing pipeline.
- A “can-do” spirit! No job is too small.
- A people person of high integrity who loves to build long term, meaningful relationships.
- You love the close.
- Ability to balance long term goals with short term needs.
- An exceptional communicator with high EQ.
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high standards.
- Experience with Salesforce or a comparable CRM is desirable.
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
Code for America is a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, people with prior convictions, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply through our website!