The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of administrative operations and department projects. In this position, you will assist with recruiting, on-boarding, Human Resources Information System (HRIS) maintenance, employee file management and support day to day human resources operations. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of Human Resources and a start to a great career in the field!
Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Recruiting & On-Boarding
Assist in all aspects of Recruiting and On-boarding, including, but not limited to:
- Creating of job posting, posting and screening for open positions,
- Coordinate on-boarding training schedule for new hires.
Management of Department Systems & Employee Files
- Maintain the HRIS with employee change information including payroll changes; Compile reports and spreadsheets.
- Create & maintain employee and benefit files including electronic files.
- Responding to employment verification requests.
- Creating termination paperwork and scheduling exit interviews.
- Maintain employee data in Rewards Point system, Learning Management system and Performance Management system.
- Managing the HR invoices: outside recruitment agencies, etc.
- Assist Human Resources staff with special projects as needed.
- Provide customer service and respond to emails in a timely basis
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- College graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an HR Assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position (Internship will be considered)
- Hands on experience with HRIS required
- Experience with ATS software preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Minimum Education Required