4640 South Carrollton Avenue
Position Summary: The Policy Analyst leads the development, execution, and evaluation of ULLA’s policy work through analysis, advocacy and written communication. The Policy Analyst works closely with numerous stakeholder groups and strategic collaborations to influence legislative outcomes to positively impact vulnerable communities across Louisiana. The Policy Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing a public policy and advocacy strategy that is aligned with the organizations priorities and programmatic focus areas of education and youth development, workforce and economic development, as well as other areas that impact ULLA constituents such as criminal justice, housing and health. The ideal candidate will be someone passionate about social and economic justice issues.
- Conduct independent research and policy analysis relative to issues impacting vulnerable communities
- Develop policy briefs, equity reports and other written communications to advance ULLA’s annual policy agenda
- Work with CEO and other staff to develop content for a range of reports and materials for multiple stakeholders.
- Serve as ambassador of ULLA’s mission and policy and advocacy priorities; develop and maintain relationships across constituents (faith-based, Board of Directors, staff, legislative, etc.)
- Work with Development Director in the creation of data and other content for grants and proposals.
- Monitor local and national legislation impacting Urban League programs and constituents.
- Conduct focus groups where needed to inform ULLA policy efforts.
- Direct programs and events to engage, motivate, and educate activists and community supporters.
- Network and develop relationships with key state and community leaders, health and human service providers, government officials, advocacy partners and other stakeholders.
- Develop and foster partnerships with governmental and non-governmental organizations with similar goals to amplify ULLA’s voice to advance our mission.
- Represent Urban League of Louisiana on panels and at various coalition and stakeholder meetings, convenings, committees, etc.
- Assist with grant reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Policy, Public Administration, Law, or Education.
- 3-5 years of experience working in public policy and advocacy.
- Strong familiarity with the legislative process.
- Exposure to working with a range of policy makers including government, school boards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and public speaking.
- Ability to develop collaborative arrangements and strategic partnerships.
- Self-starter, able to work interdependently to accomplish goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in developing and communicating a tactical plan to key stakeholders.
- Resourceful with strong research skills.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
RÉSUMÉS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list up to three professional references with contact information (no reference letters please). No additional materials requested at this time. No phones calls please.