Family Intervention Specialist
The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is a statewide service, research, policy, program development and capacity building agency. IHR designs its services based on an understanding of the impact of trauma. IHR’s mission is to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for families, individuals, youth and pregnant and parenting women affected by alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, violence/trauma, mental health challenges and other health issues. IHR’s CARF accredited treatment programs provide holistic interventions for hard to reach and high-risk individuals and families.
The Family Interventions Specialist offers family-centered care through home visiting with youth (13-24) and their families who have been experiencing problems as a result of the youth’s alcohol and other drugs, and who often struggle from Mental Health issues and effects of trauma. Primary clients will be children and adolescents struggling with behavioral health disorders. This position is based out of the North Shore Recovery High School and serves clients in the Malden, Medford, Lynn, Saugus, Salem, and Beverly. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with flexibility.
NOTE: This is full time 40 hours/week position and is based in North Shore Recovery High School, Beverly
Reports to: Director of Youth and Young Adult Services
▪ Provide assessment, case management, and counseling through the use of evidence-based practices
▪ Provide individual and family counseling to youths and their family/caregivers in the home and community
▪ Participate in training and become certified in relevant evidence-based practices, ACRA, ACC, and Motivational Interviewing
▪ Working closely with treatment providers to coordinate and implement services, provide other wrap-around services to youths and their family/caregivers such as care management, access to transportation and child care, etc.
▪ Work closely with treatment providers to coordinate and implement services for youth and their families;
▪ Complete bio-psycho-social assessments using the MSDP paperwork
▪ Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical charts, billing records, and reporting as necessary
▪ Communicate with IHR’s main office in Cambridge through use of shared online calendars, sign in – out board, time sheets, and check in/out with supervisor;
▪ Attend team and agency staff meetings;
▪ Regular attendance and punctuality is required
▪ Other related duties
▪ Flexible hours may be required
▪ Problem Solving
▪ Development and Continual Learning
▪ Adaptability and Flexibility
▪ Valuing Diversity
▪ Customer Focus
▪ Advanced degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field, clinical license (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT) preferred
▪ Previous experience working with adolescents/transition-age youth, families, mental health, and substance use issues
▪ Previous experience providing treatment at home, school, or in community settings
▪ Strong familiarity with assigned catchment area communities, and local resources
▪ Cultural competency in working with diverse individuals and families
▪ Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
▪ Energetic and flexible
▪ Must have regular access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Massachusetts Drivers’ License
▪ Minority and Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Other Requirements: (If Applicable)
▪ Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle;
▪ Business Class Rider on Motor Vehicle Insurance, if transporting clients (within one month of start of job)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. IHR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply online at: http://healthrecovery.org/jobs/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online.