12225 Greenville Ave.
Position: Fingerprint Specialist, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Program: Safe Release Support (SRS)
Supervisor: SRS Program Director/Office Manager
The SRS program helps reunite immigrant children with their families in the United States. These children often face violence and trauma in their home country or on their journey to America. The SRS program ensures they are protected, cared for, and given access to the services they need.
Assist sponsors of unaccompanied minors in obtaining family reunification through fingerprinting services (for background checks) and completion of Family Reunification packets.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication skills with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Sensitivity to the needs of survivors of human rights abuses
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a human service field
- Experience in refugee and immigrant services
- Great attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Schedule appointments by email and over the phone.
- Gather all pertinent information and maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain respectful and professional demeanor with clients and partner agencies.
- Assist sponsors with completion of Family Reunification Packet and related documentation.
- Assess needs and provide referrals/resources for both the sponsor and minor.
- Fingerprint sponsors of unaccompanied minors.
- Prepare and submit fingerprint records and reports for both internal and external use.
- Complete required trainings from LIRS.
- Stay up to date with program changes made internally as well as mandated by LIRS and PSC.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
Minimum Education Required