1015 15th St NW
About the Position
This research position is ideal for someone with at least a year of relevant experience who is excited about timely, interdisciplinary research on a range of topics related to technology, policy, and equity. You will:
- Define and conduct policy research and advocacy, in collaboration with other members of the team and our partner organizations;
- Write public reports, op-eds, and blog posts, and contribute to our weekly newsletter;
- Develop deep expertise in one or more priority issue areas; and
- Represent Upturn at external meetings, workshops, and other events.
You will be joining a small and growing organization that is collaborative, energetic, and fun. We will actively support your professional development in the field.
- We provide a competitive salary, and a generous and comprehensive benefits package;
- We will invest in your professional growth, through training, feedback, and support;
- We are actively committed to building an inclusive, flexible and welcoming workplace; and
- We have a transparent culture and strive to include our entire staff when making strategic decisions.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ applicants to apply.
We welcome applicants from a broad range of disciplines, with a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. More specifically, we're looking for someone who is:
- Committed to advancing racial and economic justice;
- Comfortable learning and explaining the nuts and bolts of new technology;
- A clear written and verbal communicator;
- An organized, detailed-oriented, and instinctively curious researcher;
- Dedicated to building collaborative relationships across communities, especially in communities of color; and
- Passionate about understanding the growing impact of technology on people's lives.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with:
- A cover letter that tells us why you care about the intersection of technology, equity, and justice;
- Your resume;
- Up to three recent work samples. Writing samples are preferred, but we also encourage you to show us other relevant skills;
- Your full name and "Policy Analyst" in the subject line.