RESULTS, created in 1980, is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together we use our voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. The Grassroots Impact Team provides training, support, and inspiration to help our national network of volunteers become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve equitable access to education, health, and economic opportunity.
RESULTS knows that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists, so we commit to opposing all forms of oppression and we pledge to create space for all voices, including those of us who are currently experiencing poverty.
Reporting to the Director, Grassroots Impact, the Senior Associate works with the Grassroots Impact Team to guide RESULTS chapters and advocates in building congressional relationships, generating media, and engaging their communities to influence Congress on RESULTS campaign priorities. They will also play an important role in helping RESULTS achieve goals and objectives outlined in the RESULTS strategic plan in the areas of group health and growth, representation, and leadership development. The Senior Associate’s work will lead to deeper congressional coverage and greater influence with more congressional offices. The Senior Associate plays a leading role in developing and managing RESULTS efforts to recruit and support communities who are directly impacted by RESULTS US and global poverty campaigns to become advocates and leaders within the RESULTS movement.
The Senior Associate is accountable for:
Successfully carrying out the responsibilities above will result in a more diverse and committed advocacy network with numerous leadership opportunities for new advocate, greater coverage of Congress, and greater influence on poverty policy solutions.
· Provide direct coaching and support to RESULTS Regional Coordinators, groups, and advocates and ensure chapters welcome new advocates and inspire them to take action and leadership.
· Lead targeted projects to grow key groups, coach advocates who are part of RESULTS partnerships, support community outreach, grow congressional coverage and champions, and achieve time-sensitive campaign objectives.
· Provide support to mature RESULTS groups to start new groups and expand to new districts.
· Assist in tracking grassroots depth of congressional coverage, leadership development, and anti-oppression objectives.
· Take active role in planning and executing the RESULTS International Conference.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· At least two years of experience supporting, coaching, and training volunteer advocates.
· At least two years of experience in coaching, supporting and building groups.
· Experience organizing and managing small projects.
· Strong commitments to constituent/grassroots advocacy and ending poverty.
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· Experience using technology to do online research and analysis, word processing, spreadsheets, communication, collaboration, and ability to easily learn new systems and platforms.
· Good sense of humor and ability to work closely in a team setting
· Desire to grow and learn.
· Ability to work effectively in an off-site/home-office environment
· Ability to travel several days at a time when COVID restrictions are lifted.
RESULTS, created in 1980, is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together we use our voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. The Grassroots Impact Team provides training, support, and…
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement & Other Benefits
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send a one page writing sample, cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: “ Senior Associate, Grassroots Impact.” We are not supporting Visa applications at this time.
Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send a one page writing sample, cover letter and your resume to email@example.com subject line…