Temporary Appointment: P2 Digital Communication Officer (Training and Support), Division of Communication, NYHQ
3 United Nations Plaza
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
This position resides within the Digital Strategy Section, as part of the Division of Communications and reports directly to the Field Support and Web Build Lead. The Digital Strategy Section manages all global digital channels and digital communications for UNICEF, including unicef.org in 5 UN languages, global social media channels, and digital multimedia content creation. The Section is also responsible for the build, management and maintenance of global website properties, including Country and Regional Office support for digital transformation, governance and capacity building.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Field Support and Web Build Lead, the Support and Training Officer will develop and implement the training and support aspects of the digital platforms, lead the creation of a training curriculum and manage a support plan for global, regional, and country sites. S/he will act as a primary contact person for all field projects to internal and external stakeholders.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
User training for global digital platforms
- Create and maintain curriculum for user training on all global digital content management systems including websites, blogs and campaign sites.
- On an ongoing basis, assess and report on the effectiveness of training curriculum and adapt to evolving user needs.
- Maintain training capacity and network of trainers for surge capacity.
- Manage and train a network of "super users" to act as regional focal points for training and support purposes.
- Create variations of training procedures, documentation, resources and requirements in coordination with UNICEF's Digital Labs.
- Maintain training statistics at all levels.
Support for global digital platforms
- Maintain a global support desk and ticketing system to collect and track support requests.
- Troubleshoot platform issues and properly route technical requests.
- Provide production and platform support to users globally.
- Maintain cutting-edge knowledge and skills of relevant technical developments.
- Maintain support statistics at all levels.
User management for global digital platforms
- Maintain and coordinate all users, groups and roles of global digital platforms
- Coordinate with IT in aspects of the corporate CMS (maintenance, testing, upgrades) that pertain to users and the platform availability
- Assess and maintain quality standards and minimum requirements for user access to global digital platforms, and ensure compliance with UNICEF's Digital Governance.
As an advocate for every child, you will have:
- Advanced university degree in communication, web development, new media, development, international communications and/or related, extensive training and experience in digital communications and project management.
An undergraduate degree plus at least 2 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of user training and support.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional web support work and experience in digital communication/information, digital project management fields.
- Knowledge of the following technical areas: enterprise level content management systems, (Drupal based preferred), working knowledge of HTML/CSS and front-end content production, analytics, enterprise level support ticketing or tracking systems
- Knowledge of web content standards (SEO, accessibility)
- Knowledge or background with support ticketing or tracking systems
- Experience with group and individual training methodologies and delivery, including producing e-courses and face to face training sessions.
- Experience providing technical support to users for digital communication platforms, such as Web CMS.
- Strong knowledge of digital communications
- Knowledge of United Nations or other international aid or NGOs desirable.
- Fluency in English, additional knowledge of another UN language is preferred.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit: https://secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com/apply/671/cw/applicationForm/initApplication.asp?lJobID=513392&sLanguage=en-us&sSourcePointer=cw&lJobSourceTypeID=796
Opening Date Fri May 25 2018 09:00:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Eastern Daylight Time
Closing Date Fri Jun 08 2018 23:55:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)