Details: Negotiable Based on Experience
421 North Boston Avenue
Theatre Tulsa, Inc. is a non-profit arts organization that serves Tulsans of all ages and walks of life through artistic expression, community building, education and theatrical performances.
Theatre Tulsa seeks a dynamic, results-focused Development Director committed to the growth and advancement of the company through fundraising of major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The Development Director oversees all aspects of fundraising and related communications to support the financial growth of Theatre Tulsa.
- Develops and executes an annual and long-term fund development plan to meet organizational goals
- Analyzes results and effectiveness of development plan to develop results-driven strategy
- Manages the day-to-day development operations, including oversight of donor database, outreach, gift administration and processing, donor recognition, budgeting, and record keeping
- Maintains accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely reviews the status of each with the Executive Director
- Researches, cultivates and solicits new individual, corporate, and foundation supporters
- Grow major donor relationships, partnering with Executive Director and staff to develop most effective and meaningful relationships with major donors
- Stewards individual, corporate, and foundation supporters at all levels of giving
- Oversees the creation and management of fundraising events, including peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Participates in annual professional development sessions
- Coordinates with the Marketing team the development and production of collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities
- Manages promotion for all fundraising initiatives
- Work with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director to coordinate messaging and promote TT’s mission
- Support the Executive Director with Board engagement
- Reports to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
- Passion for Theatre Tulsa’s mission and values
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect a wide range of audiences with Theatre Tulsa’s vision
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of development and fundraising experience
- Proven track record of researching, engaging, soliciting, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to successfully address challenges and make decisions in alignment with strategic organizational objectives
- Proven organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
- Experience with CRM technology
This position is full time, with a flexible work schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be necessary. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In order to be considered for the Development Director position, you must thoroughly complete and send the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter that includes a summary of your relevant experience and a specific explanation of why you are interested in working at Theatre Tulsa, Inc.
- A detailed resume
- A list of three references
Please include your name and "Development Director" in the subject line.
Please note that only complete applications -- with cover letter, resume, and references sent to firstname.lastname@example.org -- will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.