Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Job posted by South Shore Music Circus / Cape Cod Melody Tent
130 Sohier Street
The South Shore Music Circus & Cape Cod Melody Tent, located in Cohasset and Hyannis, Massachusetts, are now accepting applications from highly motivated and analytically minded individuals for the position of Marketing/Public Relations Director of the Music Circus and Melody Tent. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a live concert environment.
Ideal candidate is well versed in Omni-channel marketing. PR and sales skills a plus.
- Must have highly effective interpersonal skills, be resourceful and forward thinking, and have the ability to work well under pressure, multi task, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze needs and provide advertising recommendations, staying on the cutting edge of the marketing industry
- Adaptable, analytical thinker who can work both strategically as well as in a hands-on/executional capacity
- Direct mail experience -- brochures, seasonal mailers, execute from start to finish
- Experience in purchasing traditional, digital and emerging media advertising
- Flexibility to work necessary hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or similar field
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels and tactics including: SEO, SEM, email marketing, web testing and landing pages, and paid and organic acquisition for mobile and web
- Highly analytical and proficient with Google Analytics, marketing automation tools, MailChimp and Excel
- Comfortable writing copy for use across marketing channels when necessary and understand how to effectively communicate with members
- Strong sense of design and brand, and have collaborated with designers
- Software you’ll use on a regular basis: Filemaker, MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Websites/Apps: Wordpress, Mailchimp, eTix, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat. Design skills also a plus – we use Adobe Creative Suite. HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate rates with local media representatives
- Design and implement media strategy based on concert schedule
- Direct contact with major live music Talent Agencies
- Plan and execute successful campaigns for print, radio, tv, internet, etc.
- Track effectiveness of campaigns and provide reports using programs such as Google Analytics
- Reconcile media invoices
- Maintain Music Circus and Melody Tent websites
- Responsible for social media posts, blog posts & emails
- Create all ad copy, including radio scripts, press releases, email broadcasts, brochures, web content, playbill and more
- Engage with followers daily, facilitating online conversations with customers and respond to inquiries via social media and review sites
- Develop and monitor promotions including radio and live events
- Assist in all areas of venue as directed by the CEO/Executive Producer
- Oversee promotional calendar and define new promotional opportunities to increase membership acquisition
- Build and deploy email and database marketing campaigns, manage paid advertising campaigns including PPC, display advertising, and social advertising
- Manage email list data, ensuring all information is accurate, including the creation and management of segments and ongoing maintenance of database integrity
- Utilize a system to measure the success of our growth marketing strategy across all channels and regularly analyzing and presenting the results to the CEO
- Research industry trends and new techniques to continuously look for new ways to improve our conversion efforts
- Write and distribute news releases, media advisories and calendar listings and build relationships and rapport with local media to arrange interviews and reviews. Coordinate interview requests from local media
- Additional opportunities available for those with a proven track record of closing sales – especially sponsorships or group sales
Level of Language Proficiency
extremely proficient with English, verbal and written
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, submit resume and cover letter.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews are by appointment only.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, please understand that we will not be able to respond to all inquiries.