Details: Ocean Outcomes offers competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience.
Ocean Outcomes is seeking a highly organized, resourceful and efficient Business Development and Finance Associate to provide support for O2’s administrative and financial activities, business development, and the establishment and maintenance of O2’s corporate entities and partnerships. In addition, this position provides logistical support for periodic events and meetings around the world. This is a full time position with potential for growth.
The Business Development and Finance Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- In collaboration with the VP for Finance and Operations and O2’s Accountant, carry out financial and administrative tasks for the organization and its subsidiaries, including generating invoices, issuing payments via ACH and international wire, supporting the timely development and processing of contracts and other agreements, monitoring bank balances, producing financial reports, monitoring budgets, and ensuring timely and accurate tax and corporate filings.
- Support the establishment and administration of new corporate structures and partner relationships.
- Research and support the adoption of best practices and emerging tools for continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of O2’s administration and finance activities as O2 grows and changes.
- Document internal processes and procedures and support staff in learning and following them.
- Organize and provide logistical support for meetings of up to ~20 people in both domestic and international locations.
Do you care about sustainable seafood, thriving fishing communities and healthy oceans? Join Ocean Outcomes (O2), a dynamic organization working globally to develop and implement creative solutions towards more sustainable fisheries and fish farms. At O2, we work hand-in-hand with fisheries, aquaculture producers, seafood companies, international NGOs, government representatives, and local stakeholders to ensure:
- ocean resources are abundant and sustainably harvested
- fishermen are responsible stewards of the resources on which they depend
- seafood supply chains are transparent and legal
- fishing communities and fishery-based livelihoods flourish
- fishery management and ocean policy are innovative and grounded in sound science
We are a new, growing organization on the cutting edge of the global sustainable seafood movement. Become a part of our motivated, experienced, international team working to ensure the long-term health of fishing communities and the ocean resources on which we all depend.
Ocean Outcomes offers competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience. We are a virtual organization, so the location of this position is ‘home-based’; meaning the Business Development and Finance Associate will support their own work space in Portland OR, where the VP for Finance and Operations and the Accountant also live.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and spoken English language skills; proficiency in Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish or Korean helpful, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit: https://ocean-outcomes.workable.com/jobs/693528