Los Angeles, Ca
REDCAT, the Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater, seeks a House Manager for its flexible 180-270 seat performance space located in downtown Los Angeles in the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex. REDCAT is a multidisciplinary arts center that presents influential artists who create contemporary works in the performing, visual and media arts. The theater features flexible seating configurations and a fluid performance space suitable for music, dance, theater, film/video and interdisciplinary works. This part-time (20 hours per week) position reports to the Associate Director and works closely with the theater, box office and lounge staff to ensure a streamlined night-of-show experience for patrons, ensure compliance with house policies and acts on behalf of public safety. REDCAT is an initiative of the California Institute of the Arts, which offers programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) and undergraduate and advanced certificates in art, critical studies, dance, film/video, music and theater.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Recruit, coordinate, train and supervise REDCAT’s corps of volunteer ushers.
• Organize and oversee distribution of all event-related program materials.
• Ensure front of house remains clean and presentable, and provide appropriate amenities to ensure audience comfort and safety.
• Monitor lobby activity during performance and attends to late-seating in accordance with stage management.
• Generate performance reports detailing front of house activity and house-count tallies.
• Manage clean-up and lock-down of public spaces at the end of each performance.
• Communicate and oversee all front of house procedures.
• Serve as an articulate spokesperson for REDCAT and its programming.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience working in theatrical productions and audience services.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to lead and supervise, while working effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent customer service skills, ability to work under pressure, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated passion for contemporary performance, art and media.
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: House Manager in order to be considered.
Minimum Education Required