Senior Director of Information Technology (click to apply)
Comunities In Schools (CIS) is the nation's largest and most effective dropout prevention organization. For 40 years, Communities In Schools of Central Texas has been helping students achieve in school, graduate, and go on to bright futures. The Senior Director of Information Technology is responsible for planning, coordinating, evaluating, implementing, and managing technology and technical support services for Communities In Schools of Central Texas. This inincludes daily system operation, design, project management, and maintenance of the network.
The Senior Program Director of IT is an active problem-solver who is always seeking out the right resources and information to answer complex questions with both rigor and grace. The Senior Director of IT works effectively in a mission-driven organization whose participants and staff exhibit cultural sensitivity when working with students, familiesm, colleagues and community partners.
This position is based in Austin, TX and will perform work primarily in the CIS central administrative office.
- Develop and document ongoing vision and strategy for the evolution of the agency’s infrastructure
- Develop tools, training, and resources to support the successful implementation of technology components within the agency
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, manage contracts, and oversee department-related purchasing
- Provide computer acquisition assistance, network administration, installation and user information, and ongoing user assistance
- Administer Microsoft services and manage user accounts
- Manage systems onboarding and offboarding activities for employees
- Partner with department leaders to ensure digital security is infused into all aspects of organization’s operations; manage digital security projects and initiatives to ensure strong digital security practices across the organization
- Maintain system security and integrity to ensure a safe experience of technology services across the district
- Lead IT projects, including the design and implementation of new IT systems and services
- Manage and/or serve as technical liaison to technology vendors, as needed, to effectively execute on organizational priorities
- Repair, or arrange to have repaired, technology-related equipment and maintain upgrade and repair records
- Serve as a technical consultant to department leads and campus-based staff
- Travel between campuses as needed
- Manage IT Help Desk Consultant
- Provide ongoing support and training to program staff regarding data entry, documentation, data security, and generating reports
- Participate in the CIS team approach to service delivery and problem solving
- Promote and maintain agency culture, standards, and systems
- Perform other activities and duties as required by the Chief Operations & Equity Officer
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; experience may substitute for education (up to 4 years)
- Solid understanding of the internet, intranet technology, streaming video, video conferencing, website maintenance, and multimedia systems
- Extensive experience with PC platforms
- Experience with hardward and softare
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Familiarity with curriculum, assessments, and student information systems
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to organizational goals
- Positive mindset and attitude that continuously pushes the organization to accomplish its mission
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to maximize mission impact and drive alignment with organizational strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience leading change management initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture
- Ability to travel to various locations within the Central Texas area
Reporting Structure: This position is supervised by the Chief Operations & Equity Officer and may supervise AmeriCorps members, interns, and/or volunteers as necessary.
COVID – 19 Precautions: Communities In Schools of Central Texas has procedures implemented to ensure the safety of our staff.
DEI Commitment: Diversity is a vital resource and an integral part of who we are as an organization. Even if you do not check all of the boxes or meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to still apply. Please tell us more about yourself in your cover letter and why you are interested in employment at CIS. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
To be considered applicants must apply on CIS website: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CISAUSTIN&cws=4&rid=781
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 27, 2021.