Requisition ID: req1878
Job Title: Partnership Manager
Sector: Research & Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
As a global humanitarian organization, the IRC has unique capabilities - and is particularly known for rigorous research and evidence-based programs. The IRC's strategy over the next 5 years builds on these capabilities, and its mission is to extend IRC's thought and operational leadership in the sector.
A key initiative that supports this strategy is the IRC Research & Development (R&D) lab, aimed at investing in the design, development, and scaling of new humanitarian interventions and delivery models. The lab seeks to apply best practices from human-centered design, rapid iteration, multi-disciplinary problem-solving, and an innovation portfolio management function in the humanitarian context. Combining these capabilities in IRC's extensive field presence, supported deep sector expertise from our research capability, we believe it is possible to design and scale breakthrough humanitarian programs that could impact millions of people most affected by conflict and disasters.
IRC's Airbel Center has partnered with Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) and World Vision to design and test interventions that have a meaningful and sustainable reduction in Intimate Partner Violence. The IRC is looking for an Experienced Project Manager to guide implementation and evaluation of the intimate partner violence project. The project will consist of two concepts - a couples counselling program conducted by faith leaders to encourage behavior change in Uganda and an SMS program that targets men to practice positive behaviors in Liberia. The role will apply strong partnership coordination between the IRC, IPA and World Vision and project management skills to ensure successful testing and evaluation of both concepts in the field.
The role will be based in IRC headquarters in New York City with travel to field sites. This is a limited-term role
- Work collaboratively with the Project lead, research and implementation partners, and field staff to manage testing and evaluations of concepts to prevent intimate partner violence in Liberia and Uganda.
- Drive project progress and coordinate activities of cross functional team members, including high-level planning and detailed short-term activity scheduling.
- Proactively manage project risks, dependencies, issues, gaps, reporting and resource conflicts.
- Engage and facilitate meetings with stakeholders across globally distributed business units, and coordinate stakeholder communications.
- Create engaging, concise and descriptive communication systems and materials to keep global stakeholders informed.
- Provide oversight to budget management processes to ensure all expenditures are on track and projections are maintained.
- Identify and develop opportunities for future, partnerships, fundraising and program development to advance project
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Research, Learning and Evaluation
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Chief Innovation Officer
· R&D Designers
· Technical Unit Directors and Team Members
· Country and Regional Directors
· R&D and Strategy Project Managers
· Innovations for Poverty Action staff
· World Vision staff
- Bachelor's Degree with about 4-6 years of experience in project management, partnership development or both
- Good understanding of scientific research. Experience with research and randomized controlled trials would be a plus.
- Experience deploying or implementing human-centered design projects in a wide range of contexts desired.
- Experience in project managing large scale, cross functional projects
- Field experience in development settings would be a plus
- Synthesis skills and confidence distilling complex data into actionable insights
- Unparalleled team collaboration skills; comfort working with researchers, frontline implementers, beneficiaries, donors, and communications staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with interdisciplinary colleagues on all levels, with all backgrounds, in a distributed, multicultural professional environment.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, google drive, documents management solutions and project management tools. Task management software appreciated.
- Standard work office environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l'Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l'exploitation et les abus, la protection de l'enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l'intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Minimum Education Required