The Development Coordinator provides support to the MGH Institute of Health Professions Development Office. Responsibilities include assisting with the effective handling of gifts and pledges and other gift processing activities in the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) as well as assisting with general administrative and office management functions. Additional responsibilities include providing exemplary customer service when fielding gift-related questions from our donors and colleagues throughout the Institute. This is a key role in a small 4-person development office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Gift Processing and Data Management (50%)
- Manage all aspects of timely and accurate gift processing from data entry to receipts/thank you letters, and other stewardship procedures. Adhere to gift processing procedures and protocols and ensure timely submission of necessary information to the Partners HealthCare Finance and/or Partners Development offices.
- Produce timely and accurate acknowledgement letters for gifts that are personalized to the donor and the fund their donation supports.
- Maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge and participate in efforts to maintain data integrity throughout the database. Proactively identify areas for data clean up, develop a plan to address the clean-up efforts and ensure efficient and timely implementation. Ensure that data aligns with the Partners common model efforts.
- Partner with the Registrar’s office to retrieve and import student and alumni lists into Raiser’s Edge in a timely fashion.
- Participate in Partners Development Councils related to systems, gift processing, and Common Model initiatives.
- Run reports, queries, and exports for mailing lists, email blasts, and donor recognition listings.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations, Communications, Student Affairs, and Registrar as well as the Partners Development Office, as needed.
Executive Assistance (30%)
- Provide support to Chief Development Officer including schedule and meeting management, reimbursement, and other administrative functions.
- Maintain and update Chief Development Officer activity and portfolio in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide general administrative support for the department such as retrieving and sorting mail, ordering office supplies, paying invoices, arranging travel and reimbursement, etc.
General Fundraising Support (20%)
- Serve as Development Office liaison with students to greater engage with development activities by managing projects such as the class gift campaign, Thank-A-Donor Day, Boston Marathon Program, and contacting students who have received a scholarship funded by a living donor to request thank you letters to their donors.
- Provide staff support for Institute projects and events, both onsite and offsite (e.g., Commencement, fundraising events). Activities may include processing event registrations, generating attendee lists, name tags, and coordinating logistics with Operations and outside vendors.
- Provide staff support for one or more committees, as well as serve as departmental representative on internal committees or task forces, as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience.
- Prior experience in a development office and/or university or college setting is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and good follow-through skills.
- Strong commitment to quality work and customer service.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge donor software desirable.
EEO Statement The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Minimum Education Required