53 West Jackson Boulevard
Over the past 37 years, the National Main Street Center (NMSC) – a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation – has led a transformational movement, working with 2000+ communities around the country to revitalize and re-energize their older and historic downtown commercial districts. The NMSC’s two core programs for supporting community revitalization efforts are Main Street America and UrbanMain.
Through these programs, we are dedicated to helping communities understand the connection between creating quality places and economic competitiveness and equipping them with the tools to make that connection a reality. Since its inception, the NMSC’s approach has earned a reputation as one of the most powerful community-based economic development tools in the nation, generating over $74 billion in reinvestment in downtown areas.
NMSC is a small, geographically dispersed team of approximately 15 FTEs. This dynamic group is passionate about Main Street’s mission, with ambitions to significantly scale and deepen our impact in communities across the country. We are results-driven, high-performing, and exceptionally team-oriented. Several of our staff have young children or elder care responsibilities, and we strive to make our organization one in which team members can thrive in both their professional and personal lives by offering flexible work arrangements, including telecommuting.
The Administrative and Membership Assistant position will provide executive assistant support to the President and CEO, and work closely with the membership team on administrative and programmatic functions.
- Serve as primary contact for NMSC’s membership base, ensuring members have access to their benefits and feel valued by the organization. This includes monitoring NMSC’s email inboxes and main phone line responding to inquiries from members and the public.
- Support administrative operations of the NMSC’s membership program by completing monthly invoicing, processing dues payments, maintaining financial records, and maintaining the membership database.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by Membership Engagement Coordinator
Executive and Program Support (50%)
- Maintain the CEO’s daily calendar: Arrange in-house and outside NMSC meetings, coordinate scheduling and logistics for conference calls, and out-of-town travel schedule (to include communication and coordination with board members, field staff, and state and local partners.)
- Handle travel logistics, and expense reimbursements for all business travel and local meetings for the CEO. Maintain electronic and hard files.
- Meet regularly with the CEO to identify and highlight upcoming meetings and issues and assist in the management of files and project follow-up among NMSC staff.
- Facilitate communication between the President and staff, board members, National Trust executives and partners.
- Provide support for board meetings; coordinate meeting attendance and handle logistical issues for board members during meetings and conference calls.
- Support National Main Street Center staff as needed. Attend team meetings and handle related logistics including agenda development and minutes.
- Serve as liaison between the NMSC’s technical service team, legal advisors, consultants, and clients to develop, execute, and track contracts for services provided to and by the Center.
- Compile and submit annual multiple state business and charitable fillings for the organization with a 3rd party vendor.
- Perform light research tasks and other duties, as assigned by the CEO.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant administrative experience supporting a senior executive with preference for experience in a non-profit setting. Strong administrative skills and attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point and using MS Outlook for extensive high-level scheduling and calendar management of behalf of CEO. Experience with database software is a plus.
- Must be highly motivated, dependable, organized, comfortable working in a team setting, and a conscientious self-starter. .
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Basic project-organization skills. Ability to collaborate and to achieve results with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively in English. Experience with outreach to an engagement of culturally diverse constituents a plus. Bi-lingual skills (especially English/Spanish) a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, including working effectively with frequent interruptions and handling changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required.
- Some light travel required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to 831178-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org