Details: Compensation: The NESTL Tool Library Coordinator will be paid for 18 hours of work each week, at a rate of $18/hour.
10228 Fischer Pl NE
The NE Seattle Tool Library (NESTL) Coordinator is one of two paid staff people for this popular community project. NESTL is a project of Sustainable NE Seattle providing free community access to a wide variety of tools and sustainable resources. Working closely with the NESTL Steering Committee and the Member/Volunteers, the Library Coordinators assure that the primary functions of the library are carried out with consistency and reliability, and in harmony with the goals of NESTL and Sustainable NE Seattle.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should possess most of the following skills and abilities:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to serve the community and the public
· Experience managing Volunteers
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Detail oriented, reliable, and comfortable with computer programs
· Strong self-motivation and an ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
· Ability to maintain and improve the organization of a large inventory of tools
· Broad knowledge of and ability to safely operate common hand and power tools strongly desired
· Ability to assess tool condition and perform basic tool maintenance tasks strongly desired
· Provide primary staffing of the NESTL (Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 – 8 PM, Saturday 9:00 – 3 PM, Sunday 2:00– 5 PM) in coordination with the other Tool Library Coordinator
· Check tools in and out and complete new membership enrollments in the database
· Accurately maintain and expand the inventory of tools as they are circulated and acquired
· Evaluate tool donations, accepting only what is needed and/or unique.
· Assist with record keeping and monetary bookkeeping needs
· Maintain and update the database and work schedule of NESTL volunteers
· Maintain and update the Website
· Maintain and update the Facebook page
· Prepare mass E-mails for the general membership and volunteers via Mail Chimp
· Recruit NESTL and other community members to volunteer in a variety of ways
Train volunteers in the basic tasks of staffing the library
· Answer or appropriately route phone calls, mail, and e-mail correspondence from the public
· Assist in community outreach activities as needed
· Attend Steering Committee meetings as requested by the Steering Committee, currently on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 7 – 9 PM. Prepare notes prior to the meeting; current operations, issues, significant events, upcoming events, budget and planned purchases requiring approval.
· Conduct required classes, chainsaw and pressure washer, or arrange an experienced volunteer to do so
· Develop class outlines and lesson plans as needs arise, (new equipment, identified shortfalls in safety, etc.)
· Manage housekeeping
· Purchase supplies, equipment and repair parts as required. Individual purchases of over $100 require Steering Committee approval. Maintain a purchases spreadsheet and provide a budget report during the monthly meeting.
There are no health benefits attached to this position, but 3 weeks/year of paid vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required - any additional language skills for languages common in Seattle is desirable (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Somali, Amharic, Tigrina)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to NESTLCoordinator@gmail.com