Associate, Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways
- Job posted by The Housing Partnership Network
1 Washington St
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning business collaborative of 100 of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits, and a top-rated CDFI. Creating private sector partnerships and enterprises that achieve ambitious social missions, HPN and its member organizations work together to scale innovation and impact, helping millions of people gain access to affordable homes and thriving communities that offer economic opportunity and an enhanced quality of life.
About the Opportunity:
The Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is seeking an experienced Associate to join the Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways team in Boston, MA during an exciting period of growth and evolution in the affordable housing industry. HPN's innovation process begins with peer exchanges during which members share learning, generate ideas and develop new models and collaborative approaches to address critical challenges they face. After research and testing for feasibility, the most promising ideas are launched as new social enterprises that benefit our members and the people and communities they serve.
This position on the Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways team will be dedicated to advancing and supporting member programs and initiatives that empower consumers and create pathways to homeownership. The Program Associate will be a key player in the development, implementation and management of initiatives that support members’ efforts to foster economic mobility using housing as a launch pad. These holistic efforts include asset building, financial capability programs, homeownership advising, and resident services. The Associate’s responsibilities will include coordinating peer exchange activities among members to share innovative approaches, and managing projects, contracts, and grant programs that provide a wellspring of ideas for supporting new models within the sector.
We are looking for a naturally empathetic, creative, and entrepreneurial person. S/he must be a highly organized and adept project manager with a strong ability to work collaboratively and efficiently on highly detailed, fast-paced projects under tight deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways and is based out of our Boston office.
- Assist the team to plan and facilitate peer learning programming as a vehicle to achieve HPN’s strategic goals and encourage, stimulate and develop new business ideas. Specifically, this includes:
- Crafting the agenda, preparing content, engaging staff, coordinating logistics, and facilitating in-person meetings including the annual two-day Housing Counseling Program Meeting;
- Working with staff to structure and implement ongoing peer exchange: organizing and creating content for staff and member-led phone and video conferencing, as well as managing online communities of practice: curating content and driving member engagement by monitoring and ensuring timely responses to discussion posts
- Manage private and federal contracts for services as applicable, including: the completion of grant applications; executing grant agreements and corresponding sub grant agreements with HPN members; training and oversight of members throughout the grant period; completing all reporting associated with the grant.
- Assist in new project/program development and implementation as applicable, including: monitoring of project plans and schedules to ensure project delivery on a timely basis; planning meetings, preparing deliverables, and communicating project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of major policy initiatives and industry advancements in the areas of economic mobility including asset building, financial capability programs, homeownership advising, and resident services, and share key updates with HPN staff and members.
- Support Director in defined efforts to develop new business opportunities for housing advising to support its institutionalization into the home-buying process.
- Connect regularly with members at meetings and site visits in order to: support peer learning across the network, ideation and innovations within the sector.
- Represent HPN in external partnerships, collaborations and industry organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to prioritize duties under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in grants or project management/coordination
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent data management and analysis skills
- Interest in and ability to easily learn new technology; experience with virtual meeting platforms and communication and collaboration software a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a constantly changing, somewhat unpredictable, fast-paced open office environment. Bonus: this excites you!
- Knowledge of and experience with affordable housing, mortgage industry and asset building programs preferred
- Creative with an eagerness to learn.
- BA/BS and 1-3 years of related experience required.
- Some travel required, primarily site visits to member organizations and also member meetings
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance, retirement contributions matching, vacation, sick leave, disability.
- Position is located in Boston, MA
Minimum Education Required