Full Time Temporary Contract
Details: Commensurate with experience
Southside United HDFC, better known as Los Sures, is a multi-service non-profit organization based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.We are currently looking for a dedicated and industrious individual to be our Fundraising and Program Development Coordinator (temporary position).
The Fundraising and Program Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all development activities including fundraising events, grants and contracts, and major and planned gifts. The coordinator will also play an integral role in planning, developing, and evaluating a variety of programs and services offered by the Organization, including but not limited to Social Services and Community Organizing.
Characteristics of a successful applicant include:
- Ability to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Creativity and motivation
- Ability to work both alone and in a team setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- An interest in program evaluation, policy issues, and fundraising
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential funding sources, both private and public, and cultivate relationships
- Prepare and edit written communication with donors including appeals, letters of interest, requests for proposals and other donor mailings
- Meet current grantee requirements for funding- i.e. application deadlines, supporting documentation and providing reports in a timely fashion.
- Develop and execute an Annual Fund Development Plan for special events, appeals, and donor cultivation.
- Coordinate with various Program Directors to collect and analyze data on program performance to inform organization strategy.
- Research best practices and key policy issues across our services to increase the effectiveness of current and future programming.
- Cultivate relationships with key partners including City agencies, neighborhood organizations, funders, and elected officials.
- Lead a committee to plan and execute the organization’s Annual Fundraiser.
Must hold a minimum of 4-year degree, Master’s preferred
Experience in nonprofit development, program evaluation, event planning, and/or grant writing preferred
Must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to multi - task.
Must have strong writing skills (writing sample required).
Must have professional communication and interpersonal skills (phone, email and face - to - face).
Must be Windows-proficient (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and competent with Internet use.
Must take initiative, be thorough and willing to ask questions and learn.
Please note that our company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org