We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 23 Asian countries.
About the Position
The Philanthropy Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s major corporate and/or family donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to Philanthropy Advisors who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s corporate clients and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Associate must demonstrate attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to manage multiple priorities from different portfolios.
Reports to: Philanthropy Advisor
- Interacts most closely with Give2Asia’s Donor Stewardship team, works with consultants in 23 different countries in Asia, and with other departments as needed within Give2Asia.
- Interacts with Give2Asia grantees and donors.
The Associate will support the stewardship of major donors, under the oversight of the Philanthropy Advisor who manages the relationships with those donors. In cooperation with the relevant Advisor, the Associate will be responsible for the following:
Grants Administration Support
- Serve as a key part of the risk management and compliance process for all stages of grantmaking, ensuring due diligence and other documentation are completed with a high level of accuracy
- Enter and maintain grant information in Salesforce at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date
- Ensure that assigned grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from country teams as needed
- Prepare and edit custom proposal packages , donor reports, case studies, and other grant-related documents
- Perform due diligence on nominated organizations
- Maintain communication with country teams and grantees across Asia
Stewardship of Major Clients
- Track grant portfolios and keep the relevant Advisor updated on progress and issues that arise
- Produce detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Help Advisors respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Serve as a back-up contact person for assigned major clients when Advisor is unavailable
- Keep Account Manager informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Conduct research on potential new grantees and/or fields of interest
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks, as required
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Interest in corporate philanthropy and civil society development preferred
Salary & Benefits
This is a remote position based in the US or in Singapore.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 annual depending on experience with generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website to submit your resume and cover letter.