Greenpeace USA (GPUS) seeks a service-minded, Bilingual (Spanish and English) Supporter Relations Officer who is prepared to work in a dynamic, flexible, and innovative team of five people. This is a full-time position based in downtown Los Angeles, CA.
The Bilingual Supporter Relations Officer manages calls, emails, letters, and any other inquiries from supporters, donors, and other interested parties. It will be your responsibility to establish and maintain good relationships with donors and other members of the public who contacts us. This requires excellent communication skills, primarily through phone, e-mail, and online interactions. You may also be responsible for serving as a liaison with the campaigns, communications, and development departments to ensure appropriate messaging and capturing quality information within the membership database. In addition, you will monitor public interest and responses to Greenpeace and its campaigns and report back to the wider staff as appropriate.
The Bilingual Supporter Relations Officer will:
- Respond fluently in Spanish to donors' correspondence and inquiries regarding their membership, gift activity, status, and concerns.
- Sort, organize and respond appropriately to incoming correspondence (mail, e-mail, web forms, and phone) for Supporter Relations Department.
- Use database to research, assess, and solve donor problems and concerns.
- Update donor records to reflect requested changes.
- Update and edit pledge letters, acknowledgements, etc in coordination with telefundraising team.
- Create and utilize opportunities to recruit new members, and solicit further support for the organization from existing donors (renewals, upgrades, etc.) via phone, e-mail and regular mail.
- Make outbound calls to supporters and donors to provide good stewardship, and provide follow-up calls on Spanish-only speaking supporters and donors identified in the database or through our telemarketing agencies.
- Respond to questions and concerns regarding Greenpeace campaign activities and the organization.
- Translate and culturally adapt current English Supporter Care materials and web pages into Spanish.
- Track inquiries by subject matter, number and frequency.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all data entered in the membership database.
- Perform occasional site visits to telemarketing agencies to support in quality assurance, coaching, and related tasks delegated by Monthly Giving Management.
- Liaise with other departments regarding content of calls and administrative systems as appropriate.
- Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the Supporter Relations Manager.
Minimum requirements for the Bilingual Supporter Relations Officer include:
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish language skills
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Experience in a role involving customer contact, with a track record for achieving results and a commitment to customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with donor databases and CRM-systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or formal structure
- Willingness to work flexible hours Monday - Friday between 9am and 5:30pm PST
Additional requirements for the Bilingual Supporter Relations Officer include:
- Prior experience working in a high volume call center
- Experience from other NGO’s is an advantage
- Passionate about environmental conservation and social justice issues
- Knowledge of Greenpeace campaigns or willingness to learn about issues relevant to the job.
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact us.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For over fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster loom large. As an independent organization, Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities. Greenpeace is headquartered in the Netherlands, with offices all around the world in over fifty countries.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is required.
Minimum Education Required