2830 S. Central Ave.
A Place Called Home is seeking a dedicated Instructional Coordinator
Under the direction of the Educational Services Program Lead, the Education Services Instructional Coordinator implements program and agency goals, REACH objectives and agency best practices and program efficiencies. The Instructional Coordinator holds the primary responsibility to develop, prepare and implement hands-on, skills based activities for members in 2nd-8th grades in the areas of Math and Language Arts.
Job Title: Ed Services Instructional Coordinator
Department: Ed Services
Reports to: Ed Services Program Lead
FLSA Status/Hours: 35 Hours
Hourly Pay Range: 16.00-18.00
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, prepare, implement engaging, hands-on academic lesson plans for members in 2nd-8th grade
- Develop, prepare, implement engaging classes with non-academic content for members in 2nd-8th grades
- Collaborate to develop an academic curriculum aligned with M.A.P./ State Standards
- Monitor and report academic progress in class and through school report card grades
- Assist with the implementation of M.A.P. (Measures of Academic Progress) assessment
- Provide homework assistance
- Track attendance using the KidTrax database
- Prepare and submit reports and provide input for Strategic Plan
- Attend all required program meetings and professional development
- Address student behavior appropriately and follow the approach adopted by the agency
- Communicate with parents and school teachers as partners in the education of our members
- Complete administrative duties as assigned and execute in a timely manner
- Assist with the supervision of members during program hours, special events and field trips
- Serve as a mentor and role model for members
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and values at all times
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Instructional Coordinator must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization and there is an expectation of continual growth and learning as a community. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, English, Math, or Sciences Preferred
Two years experience working in academic classroom setting
Two years working with at risk youth
Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, generous time off, plus more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Instructional Coordinator” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus!
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening