Details: Bonus and health benefits available
Do you want to be part of a high-impact organization that continually strives to provide better services in more effective and efficient ways? Do you thrive in a small team environment that’s agile, creative and high-leverage? Do you enjoy building relationships with diverse stakeholders and motivating them to take action? Then join us, as we work to end child bedlessness in Greater Philadelphia!
Who We Are
One House at a Time (OHAAT) is a small but fast-growing nonprofit with a big goal: end child bedlessness in Greater Philadelphia. Through a program called Beds for Kids, we deliver beds, bedding, bedtime items, and sleep education material to the homes of children who are sleeping on the floor, on makeshift beds (sofas, air mattresses, etc.), or crowded into bed with several family members. According to a research study we conducted with St. Joseph’s University and CHOP, our program helps children sleep an average of 30 minutes more each night! Experts agree that this additional sleep will go a long way in helping children thrive—mentally, physically, and academically. In addition, OHAAT has developed an innovative referral partner model, which allows us to generate 40 percent of our annual budget from earned revenue.
We’re looking for an Executive Director who can step into a fast-growing organization and continue building sustainable capacity. Over the last five years, the Beds for Kids program has grown from serving 600 children each year to almost 1,200, but this is still well below the need, which we estimate to be 6,000. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for OHAAT staff, programs, and growth. Primary functions include fundraising and program development.
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
Salary and Benefits: $65,000-$85,000 commensurate with experience, bonus and health benefits available
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with the Board of Directors to set organization goals, strategies, and KPIs
- Uses KPIs to continually evaluate OHAAT’s effectiveness in achieving its mission, and takes risks to try new ideas and approaches
- Implements strategies effectively and efficiently
- Works with staff to set objectives, create policies, and streamline processes
- Understands the scope and structure of human services in Greater Philadelphia, how they are changing, and OHAAT’s role within the system
- Builds and manages relationships with donors
- Creates and executes fundraising campaigns
- Identifies and cultivates new funding opportunities
- Builds and manages strategic relationships with relevant government entities, community organizations, bed and bedding manufacturers, etc.
- Works with staff to recruit and manage referral partners
- Assists with program evaluation research
- Provides financial management and oversight
- Recruits, develops, and manages team members
- Oversees staff who coordinate referrals and deliveries
- Oversees staff who manage inventory and volunteers
- Oversees staff and contractors who develop and execute marketing and communication strategies
Experience and Qualifications
- Advocate for the health and well-being of low-income individuals and families
- Management experience required; nonprofit management experience preferred
- Organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff and achieve strategic objectives
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Grant writing experience preferred; not required
- Ability to engage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus
OHAAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required