The Town Hall seeks an Institutional Giving Associate to work in partnership with the Director of Development to sustain and grow our world-class institution. Recognized as one of New York City’s most venerable institutions and located in a National Historic Landmark building, Town Hall provides world-class entertainment to more than 200,000 guests annually, and reaches over 10,000 students with our unique arts education programming.
This is an ideal position for an individual with a passion for the arts and culture. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, organized, proactive, and reliable team player. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, at least two years of experience in development, and the desire to be a supporting member of a small fundraising team as we work toward our 100th Anniversary in 2021. Candidate must be an exceptional writer, a quick learner, a creative thinker, a team player, detail oriented and deadline sensitive.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and managing the foundation, government and corporate grants calendar; writing proposals and reports and assisting in the stewardship of institutional donors
- Maintaining current and prospective institutional donor profiles in Patron Manager
- Processing and acknowledging all institutional donations
- Identifying new prospects and directing the research of new funders
- Liaising with artistic and education staff on the creation of new narratives about Town Hall’s programs
- Creating research and strategy documents to support Executive Leadership and Director of Development for meetings
- Supporting the Director of Development in maintaining Institutional donor recognition and benefit fulfillment
- In addition, the Institutional Giving Associate is a support member of the Development team, participating in all company events and assisting across the department and the company as needed
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the performing arts field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Minimum Education Required