The Instructional Aide will support students in the classroom, during individual and small group learning. They will work under the supervision of a certificated teacher in the classroom, and school leaders. Duties will include, but are not limited to; supervising students, assisting students in accessing content standards, facilitating small group instruction, providing individual assistance to students, delivering intervention and extended learning support, supporting English Learners and special needs students through differentiated grouping, and encouraging positive student behavior through the PBIS structure adopted by the school. The instructional aide will serve as a positive role model for learners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under the supervision of school leaders and the classroom teacher, the ideal candidate will drive student outcomes in the following ways:
· Supports English Learners with additional support with vocabulary development to increase academic language.
· Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the classroom teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom learning objectives.
· Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans (e.g. reading, math, language comprehension, writing, computer, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
· Maintains classroom equipment and work area for the purpose of ensuring availability of a safe learning environment and/or meeting mandated requirements.
· Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, assemblies, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
· Promotes good study habits and student independence for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes.
· Provides, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. self-esteem, behavioral skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of implementing goals for remediation of student deficiencies and ensuring student’s success.
· Models conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
· Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured students, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
· Administers tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
· Attends meetings and in-service presentations as assigned for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective instruction.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of his/her work with children and other staff
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units from a recognized college or university required
· Knowledge of special education assessments
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to create and maintain accurate records
· DOJ Fingerprint Clearance
· TB Clearance
· Demonstrated success working with students from educationally underserved areas.
· Proven success in assisting with the implementation of high-quality instruction that led to the improvement of student achievement in an urban school
· 1-2 years’ experience as an Instructional Aide
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Exceptional relationship building skills and the ability to communicate clearly to
· Ability to translate all necessary documentation in an understandable format on Special Education forms and files
· A strong belief that all students can succeed
· A do-whatever-it takes attitude including a willingness to work occasionally on the
weekend or in the evening
· Passionate about improving public education to help all children reach their dreams
· An exceptional ability to respond well to feedback and implement it immediately
· A strong ethical base and self-awareness
· Bilingual Spanish required
Salary range: $15-20/hr
Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and education. Excellent, full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Instructional Aide will support students in the classroom, during individual and small group learning. They will work under the supervision of a certificated teacher in the classroom, and school leaders. Duties will…
Excellent, full benefits package.
Excellent, full benefits package.