Family Connections is seeking a motivated and experienced Development and Grants Director to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Grants Director reviews, updates and implements Family Connections’ annual Development Plan and manages all aspects of fundraising with a concentration on granting writing, individual giving campaigns and marketing. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong writing skills who can work well both independently and collaboratively with other Family Connections staff.
This position is a great fit for someone with a proven commitment to helping families raise healthy children and a record of accomplishment of advocating and securing foundation, corporate and individual donor funding. The position is responsible for initiating and executing a multi-faceted development program to generate approximately $300,000 annually of the agency’s 2.6 million dollar budget.
- Create a culture of philanthropy at Family Connections among Board, staff and participants
- Review, update and implement annual fund development plan
- Research and write all grant proposals and reports to private and corporate foundations
- Maintain tracking and accountability systems
- Develop strong marketing and communications strategy to grow visibility and donor base
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversight of Fundraising Program
- Raise the funds to meet the annual grant and fundraising goals, in cooperation with the Executive Director
- Monitor all aspects of Family Connections’ fundraising program; evaluates successes and areas needing change and strengthening
- Develop a grant and fund development plan including a calendar to meet goals
- Develop, executes and manages all fund-raising programs including but not limited to annual giving, special events, newsletters, and foundation and government grants
- Track fundraising activities and program goals in the organization’s databases (Salesforce and Efforts to Outcome)
- Engage Family Connections Board, staff and volunteers in fundraising activities as appropriate
Grant Development and Management
- Increase support from private, corporate, and foundation grants in keeping with the annual operating budget
- Research and writes all grant proposals and reports to foundations and corporations
- Regularly establish relationships with new funders in order to meet expanded program/fiscal needs
- Maintain relationships with Family Connections’ existing funders, including providing acknowledgements, reports, thank you letters, and other requested information in a timely manner
- Coordinate site visits to showcase the strengths of Family Connections’ programs
Annual Giving and Events
- Develop and implement a plan to annually attract and increase the number of individual donors to Family Connections
- Develop and implement Family Connections’ annual year end appeal to individual donors, meeting targeted financial goals
- Co-chair board development committee and engage Board members in campaigns and events
- Work with the Board and Event Committee in creating, organizing and implementing an annual fundraising event and other major donor activities
- Recommend strategies and programs to engage donors in order to increase both the number of individual donors and average giving levels
Marketing and Communications
- Promote online fundraising with appealing ideas and strategies including crowd funding
- Experience in leveraging social media and web platforms including Facebook
- Develop integrated marketing strategy that proactively supports the agency’s fundraising goals
- Master’s degree preferred in relevant field; BA degree acceptable with extensive experience in development/ fundraising
- At least 5 years proven experience in overseeing fund development including extensive grant writing skills in the non-profit sector
- Minimum 3 year of experience with online strategies for fundraising, marketing and communications
- Excellent verbal and written skills, particularly grant writing
- Proficiency in Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Experience with budgeting and fiscal management
- Highly organized with excellent project and time management skills
- Experience and proficient with databases (Salesforce and ETO experience a plus)
- Able to take work independently, delegate, take initiative and be resourceful as sole development staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff and funders
- Commitment to healthy families and social justice issues, and an ability to advocate for funding
- Local applicants preferred
Family Connections is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This is an office position requiring frequent sitting, typing and computer use. The position requires the ability to frequently move about or remain seated depending on the task.
- Health, vision and dental benefits including chiropractor and acupuncture.
- There is room for financial growth depending on experience and fundraising results; seasoned applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required