The National Communications Manager will aid in telling the organization’s story through content creation, social media, web, media and marketing. This position reports to the Vice President, Development & Communications and is responsible for oversight and advancement of external communications at U.S.VETS. The Communications Manager is part of the national development team, and supports communications activities by development staff at U.S.VETS sites across the country.
- Work closely with executive leadership to develop messaging. establish communications strategy, maintain brand identity and enhance awareness of U.S.VETS mission and impact.
- Collaborate with national and site executive and development staff to support communications initiatives, secure client stories, promote impact, and ensure consistent branding and voice.
- Manage external vendors for print production, photography, public relations, graphic design, web.
- Gather and create high-quality, compelling content for a variety of channels including website, e-news, annual report, presentations, videos and other publications or messaging.
- Design fundraising, communications and program collateral and other organization content.
- Support event collateral development and production, communications and marketing deliverables.
- Manage and update the website; oversee social media, develop and execute strategies for increased exposure and engagement.
- Respond to media inquiries, manage media opportunities, develop and disseminate news releases, op-eds and LTE’s, monitor and share media, cultivate relationships with reporters, bloggers, editors.
- Ensure brand consistency and support quality control by editing, as needed, site communications.
- Coordinate annual nationwide development and communications calendar.
- Track and report digital analytics for communications activities including website, social media.
- Work with key program staff to understand U.S.VETS programs and articulate them effectively.
- Stay current on policy and programmatic news about veteran housing, mental health and employment; support advocacy goals and promote U.S.VETS as regional and national expert and leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. The ideal candidate will have:
- Three to five years’ experience in communications, public relations or marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrated ability to produce timely, well-organized and creative content and publications.
- Must be proficient in graphic design, web editing, WordPress, HTML, CSS, and programs including MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Extensive attention to detail, critical thinking skills and customer service-focus.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently and collaboratively, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter, ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices of a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Interest in veteran services and homelessness.
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.