Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Director of Development supports Executive Leadership to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
This position supports the Senior Director of Development in advancing, executing, and overseeing Show Hope’s donor relations programs and managing its fundraising initiatives. Responsibilities include meeting organizational and departmental deadlines and goals, supporting the Senior Director of Development and Executive Leadership with oversight of the Development strategy for Show Hope, managing a donor portfolio, and overseeing Development staff. Providing support for the Development strategy will include effectively utilizing technology through data mining, digital integration, and cross collaboration with both the Director of Communications and the Director of Operations. The position will collaborate with the Communications team to provide support on fundraising campaigns and the Senior Director of Development to support fundraising events. Additionally, this position will be responsible for supporting and coordinating with members of the Development team and providing weekly updates and reports to the Executive Leadership and Leadership teams.
The Director of Development supports the Executive Director, reporting to the Senior Director of Development, to guide Show Hope in the following key areas:
- Manage/lead direct reports, interns, outside agencies, and relationships to obtain desired results while maintaining commitment to Show Hope’s core values.
- Deliver maximum revenue and ROI with responsibility for financial plan and budgeting that is aligned with the strategic plan by department.
- Promote the core values for all employees in support of the organizational mission.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership and Leadership teams to promote Show Hope’s initiatives and build relationships.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Development and Executive Leadership to oversee Show Hope’s development strategy.
- Manage a nationally based portfolio of Show Hope’s largest financial supporters.
- Engage with 125 new, current, or potential donors in meetings both locally and through domestic travel of up to 35% of the time.
- Support Show Hope’s strategic plan objectives by maintaining and growing Show Hope revenue streams—to include year-over-year growth in giving of no less than 25 significant contributors to the organization.
- Advance Show Hope’s strategic plan objective to improve the donor experience by promoting various giving options, including the expansion of planned giving options.
- Distribute donor reports to constituents in a timely manner to ensure donor confidence in clear alignment with Show Hope’s mission and core values.
- Oversee and review grant proposals prepared by Coordinator of Development, including meeting all deadlines for grant submissions and reporting.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility by managing development expenses and collaborating on annual organizational income and development expense budgeting process.
- Collaborate with Development team members to secure donor attendance for Fellowship Weekend, house concerts, and other events.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications teams to enhance donor engagement.
- Work with Senior Director of Development and Director of Communications to identify, research, and present data-driven development opportunities that target specific donors with the expectation to increase overall giving.
- Collaborate with Operations and Communications teams on database management pertinent to donor data.
- Travel and attend events on nights and weekends as a representative for Show Hope (as needed).
- Support Senior Director of Development in facilitating Executive Director and Founders’ donor portfolio communications.
- Collaborate with Development team on targeted donor list pulls to confirm accuracy.
- Develop and train staff reports (as assigned).
- Assist Development team on all Founders’ mailings (as needed).
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have 5+ years of development experience in nonprofit organizations; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; CFRE considered a plus
- Bachelor degree in nonprofit management, business, or related field; master’s considered a plus
- Willingness to travel 25-30% annually
- Must have experience with Salesforce (or related CRM) and DonorSearch (or other fundraising platforms/tools)
- Understanding and knowledge of CCM genre considered a plus
- Advanced communication skills, including effective written and verbal communication skills to donors, employees, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Experience with data mining/data analytics
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, GoogleApps, Google Analytics, email service providers, and other analytical programs
- Experience in grant writing/management
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality with information acquired about Show Hope’s prospects, donors, and volunteers
- Willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith