Details: Competitive salary
Symphony Space is seeking a vibrant candidate to join our team in the role of Coordinating Producer. This new position will work closely with the Departments of Performing Arts, Literary Programs, Film, and Production in both the producing and administrative aspects of a full slate of music, literature, film, family, and community programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinating Producer will play a key role in the communication and coordination of information with internal staff at all levels of the organization as well as external partners. Supporting all in-house events from conception through wrap-up, this position will work across departments to maximize the potential of each program and will provide administrative support for season planning and the budgeting process.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships both within and outside the organization.
The Coordinating Producer is the “process expert” for approximately 100 in-house live performances as well as a full array of film events. Responsibilities will range from managing small-scale projects and tasks to overseeing parts of larger projects in concert with the Producers, and will include:
- Acting as liaison among program, production, marketing, development, box office, finance, and administrative departments to ensure a clear line of communication and the timely dissemination of information
- Coordinating and maintaining the event calendar, tracking project schedules, due dates, and deliverables
- Managing milestone delivery from program departments, including program descriptions, bios, media assets, and other information necessary for marketing, communications, and fundraising
- Scheduling pre- and post-event production and marketing meetings, and creating and maintaining relevant reports and files
- Creating systems and tracking distribution and collection of contracts, participant release forms, riders, etc., and maintaining archives of event-related material, compiling all pertinent documents, files, and collateral from all concerned departments
- Assisting in development and reforecasting of annual budgets, and tracking and reconciling program expenses, including the tracking and compilation of receipts, expenditures, and necessary reports
- Assisting in coordinating artistic aspects of special events, such as the Annual Gala
- Reviewing all PR/marketing digital and print materials with special attention to accuracy of artistic content
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years artistic administration or general/company management experience in a non-profit performing arts organization
- A passion for the arts and knowledge of the New York City artistic community
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- A facility with computer database programs
- Superb follow-through
- An ability to communicate successfully with artists, administrators, and key stakeholders
- An ability to prioritize and multitask at a high level
- A willingness to “jump in” whenever and however needed
- A collaborative spirit and a “can-do” attitude
Benefit package includes health insurance; life and long term disability insurance, flexible spending plan; annuity plan; and three (3) weeks’ vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com.
Please put COORDINATING PRODUCER in the subject line.