About the Organization
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination. Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
You are an innovative thinker who is passionate about HR, comfortable with the range of responsibilities of an HR generalist, demonstrates a foundation of related knowledge and skills, has experience being the go-to person that staff come to with questions, and leads with focus, good judgment, and poise.
You are responsible for performing HR-related duties with a high-degree of confidentiality, professionalism, collaboration, and critical thinking. Your job is to support our recruiting and onboarding program, benefits administration, payroll, while working in collaboration to improve current systems and process that advances our mission and sustains our committed, productive staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer, the Director of HR will:
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the organization’s HR compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Support the recruitment and hiring of new staff members by developing and executing best practices for hiring and talent management, including working with hiring managers to develop and implement a hiring plan, posting open positions, developing interview questions and exercises, screening candidates and scheduling interviews, and drafting offer letters.
- Administer onboarding process to ensure each new staff member is welcomed, set up for success from the outset, and able to integrate seamlessly into the organization, working closely with other members of the executive, operations, and finance teams.
- Respond to individual HR questions, issues, and requests from employees with an open door, including utilizing HR expertise to create an environment of confidence and accountability that ensures staff come to HR for their workforce needs.
- Manage all compensation updates including employee status and benefits changes, and ensuring accurate leave balances and benefits enrollments/deductions.
- Effectively accomplish administrative HR tasks including maintaining personnel files; completing employment verification requests; and other admin tasks as required.
- Help drive programs that lead to higher employee retention including a professional development program and performance review system.
- Administer benefits programs, including health, dental and vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account plans, and other insurance, including processing benefits for new staff members, answering staff questions about benefits.
- Support the process for transitioning staff to new roles or off-boarding from the organization that ensure an effective transition of responsibilities and capture learnings from their time on staff/in role.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification activities for all staff.
- Special projects, research, and other duties as assigned.
- Non-profit experience highly desirable
- Interest and ability to thrive in a busy environment, including the ability to easily balance being available to staff and staying focused on details.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience and enjoyment working with and supporting a diverse workforce.
- Experience supporting an innovative recruitment/onboarding program.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 8 years of HR experience, including at least 4 years in a management or leadership role.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Powered by JazzHR