Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP) applies a multi-tiered approach to eradicating human trafficking. First, we provide intensive case management, supportive counseling and legal services to holistically meet the needs of trafficked persons. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including community education, technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change.
The Masters Level Social Worker provides both direct and indirect social service-related assistance to survivors of human trafficking.
· Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients.
· Provide trauma informed, client centered intensive case management through support, advocacy, and linkages with community service providers as well as local, state and federal law enforcement to a caseload of approximately 25-40 foreign national and domestic (U.S. citizen) clients.
· Provide short-term and long-term trauma focused supportive counseling to survivors of human trafficking.
· Assist in the design of formal client activities to foster community and develop leadership skills, including support groups.
· Maintain thorough case files and prepare monthly narrative and case management reports for funders.
· Timely and accurately enter all client services-related data into both internal CMS and external funder databases for semi-annual grant reporting
· Collaborate and coordinate services and referrals with internal program attorneys, external partners (law enforcement, public benefits offices, shelter system, and others) to provide a continuum of care for clients.
· Advocate for clients’ rights to protect the best interests of the client, including in both the civil and criminal justice systems
· Engage in service coordination and collaboration with clients and community partners to ensure effective protective actions and strategies are taken on behalf of clients.
· Conduct outreach and training presentations to identified communities and providers, informing them about human trafficking, the impact of trafficking-related trauma on victims and the services that the Anti-Trafficking Program provides, in collaboration with the Training and Outreach Manager
· Participate in community forums, panels, working groups, and anti-trafficking networks.
· Active participation in bi-weekly staff meetings, individual supervision and group supervision.
Qualifications: Counseling experience, especially from a trauma informed and client centered framework.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP) applies a multi-tiered approach to eradicating human trafficking. First, we provide intensive case management, supportive counseling and legal services to holistically meet the…