37 West 26th Street 6thFloor
Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
Title of Position: Bilingual Homefinding Social Worker
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: Based on Experience
Location: Midtown Manhattan (37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010)
Department/Program: Foster Care and Adoption
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in this mission, New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified, detail orientated, bilingual (Spanish-English) homefinding social worker looking to join our interdisciplinary team.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Complete thorough assessments of prospective foster/adoptive families’ willingness and ability to provide care to children with special healthcare needs. Assessments will include all members of the household or family.
- Facilitate the matching process of children referred for placement with the most appropriate family.
- Collaborate with the foster parent recruiter to identify prospective families through community outreach, recruitment fairs, and orientation programs in Spanish as needed.
- Conduct office, home and community visits as required by each case.
- Train prospective foster families in approved pre-certification training curriculum and assists with ongoing recertification foster parent training for licensed foster parents as necessary.
- Completes all ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation in foster parent records conforms to agency, City and State regulatory requirements.
- Maintains caseload through CONNECTIONS, including bed availability, training, and annual re-certification of assigned families. Maintains hard copy of foster parent records.
- Participate in individual and group supervision. Participate in agency staff meetings and clinical in-service trainings. Participates in Family Team Conferences and Case Reviews as needed.
- Provide advocacy, information and referrals to other NAC departments and outside agencies as requested.
- Responsible for 24-hour on-call duty coverage on a rotating basis.
- May provide individual therapy and/or group work services as assigned.
- May be asked to assist other units on an as needed basis.
Required Education and Experience:
- Comprehensive oral and written Spanish language skills required.
- MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred.
- Child Welfare experience; prior work in foster care preferred.
- Prior experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- GPSII/MAPP Leader and/or Parenting Skills Training Leader Certification a plus!
- Knowledge of health-related factors in working with medically fragile and/or chronically ill children, knowledge of mental health diagnoses, as well as experience in the area of child and adolescent development.
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Strong organizational, writing, communication and time management skills
- Desire to collaborate with an interdisciplinary-team
How to Apply:
Please indicate "Bilingual Homefinder" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For more information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Education Required