Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
Homes for the Homeless seeks an organized, hands-on, energetic individual to manage our daycare center in a residential facility for families with children in Jamaica, Queens. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs children and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the families we serve. This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic child care and education professional to develop a high-quality program that meets the needs of a high-risk, vulnerable population.
- Supervise staff in daily operations of the center and in classroom activities.
- Coordinate recruiting and enrollment efforts and monitor attendance.
- Collaborate with staff on curriculum development and daily lesson planning.
- Cooperate with administration and other department directors regarding child and family progress and needs.
- Coordinate with administration for staff training and development.
- Supervise and further develop progress assessments.
- Provide reports to agency administrators and program funders as needed.
- Liaise with ACS, DOH & DOE.
- BA/BS in early childhood education or related field of study.
- NYS teaching certification or pending certification one of the following:
- Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2)
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6)
- Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6)
- Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
- Master's a plus.
- At least two years of experience as a group teacher in a program for children under six years of age.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively lead a team and coordinate with other department directors as needed.
- A positive, strengths-based approach to program management and development.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required