511 E 22nd St
ABOUT NEW CITY KIDS
New City Kids: Paterson is a high energy, creative program for and with youth in Paterson, NJ that is unique in trusting teens with leadership. It is a joyful place filled with laughter and hard work, and has an excellent staff of dedicated adults who love children. We employ local high school students as interns to lead an excellent and unique music-focused after school center and summer camp for children ages 6-13, which provides a platform for a whole host of development opportunities for children. As kids and teens engage New City Kids, we come alongside them and invite them to know the power of the gospel and to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Teen Life Internship Director leads New City Kids: Paterson’s Teen Life Internship program, which employs high school students as paid interns in our After School Center. You will supervise, coach, support, mentor, and disciple teenagers, forming important relationships that will empower young people to change the course of their lives. This is a key leadership position on our team and involves a dynamic mixture of administrative, relational, academic, and management responsibilities.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop & lead annual goals for the Teen Life Internship program – work with ED to set, track, and report on benchmarks and goals.
· Manage TLI Department systems – ensure coordination of the work schedules of 30+ teens, payroll, training, meetings, and professional development and recreational events.
· Provide job coaching and administrative oversight – Supervise 15-20 teens in their work performance as tutors and music teachers through live coaching, modeling, training, etc.
· Document teens’ work attendance, progress towards their goals, disciplinary actions, and performance reviews. Provide oversight and organization to staff projects ensuring quality control for New City Kids’ programming.
· Provide spiritual and relational support – Develop relationships with the Teen Life Interns to foster a loving environment in which they feel valued. Schedule one-on-ones to disciple the teens.
· Provide academic and college preparatory support – Coordinate and oversee weekly tutoring sessions and ensure 1 to 2 sessions of SAT class happen each year. Support seniors through college application process and design and help staff college tour in the spring.
· Provide adult supervision and direction – Supervise assigned adult staff. Communicate program needs to the broader New City Kids team and champion the needs of the TLI program
· Christian Commitment – mature person of Christian faith as defined by the Apostle’s Creed with an active prayer life and church involvement, and aligned with New City Kids’ statement of faith: newcitykids.org/statement-of-faith
· Dedicated Team Member – flexible and willing to complete tasks that fall outside one’s job description, and able to make things happen without being micromanaged
· Emotional maturity – self-aware, teachable, sensitive to cross-cultural issues, and able to maturely deal with youth from broken contexts
· Relational – enjoys listening spending time with teens, able to gain the trust of teens, and is a professional and mature role model for teens.
· Bachelor’s degree and driver’s license required; Spanish language skills (helpful, but not required)
· Reports to: Executive Director
· Compensation: $32,500 to $42,500/year (salary depending on education & experience) + benefits
· Hours: Full Time (40+ hours a week)
· Start date: Immediately
To learn more or to apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Rachel at email@example.com
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.