Full Time Contract
Please apply through our website: www.we.org/careers
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE seeks a Program Manager, WE Schools to join our Western Canada office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Program Manager, WE Schools will increase and maintain a high-touch portfolio of select participating schools and educators who are involved in WE’s fundraising and awareness raising campaigns and activities. The Program Manager, WE Schools will be the key relationship manager for a portfolio of schools and is responsible for target setting that will result in retention, deepened engagement and increased fundraising involvement from year-to-year.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
Your Impacts: (Responsibilities)
- Manage a portfolio of high-touch schools who are actively involved in WE Schools programming and campaigns
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to schools/educators and provide them with resources and support to implement WE Charity fundraisers and awareness raisers
- Create and execute a robust communication plan that connects with each school three times a quarter, includes school visits where possible
- Deliver workshops that provide educators with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to positively engage their students to become socially involved in their communities
- Work with the Market Director to develop a strategy to reach new schools and prioritize engagement of existing schools and manage high-level relationships
- Whenever needed, represent WE Schools on the frontline holistically pitching WE programming to new and existing stakeholders
- Work with the Market Director to drive engagement and conversion among schools, educators and student leads
- Implement plans to nurture relationships with schools and educators and to retain their involvement from year-to-year, as well as deepening their fundraising capacity and involvement by 10% per year
- Set agreed upon individual annual target goals for portfolio that accomplish commitment to the program and campaigns, attending WE Day and hosting an outreach and speaking tour
- Maintain excellent relations with our existing schools to ensure an 85% retention and reengagement minimum standard year over year.
General and Administrative:
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your portfolio and activities (e.g. participation rates in a specific campaign)
- Measure the impact of school actions across all programs and campaigns using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Collect profile pieces during the school year to support Marketing and Creative Services initiatives
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- 3+ years of professional experience or strong background in fundraising and/or sales
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Political Science, International Development/Relations or another relevant field
- A self-starter with a high level of motivation and an ability to thrive with minimal supervision
- Sales-oriented mindset, proven ability to meet targets, a customer-focused nature with built-in cultural awareness
- Detail oriented to manage a large portfolio
- Must be self-motivated, passionate, and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficient use of MS Office programs and experience with database management (preferably Salesforce)
- Strong understanding of service learning, civic engagement and international social justice issues
- Results focused with the ability to work independently to meet individual and team goals
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are accepting and reviewing cover letters and resumes immediately. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply immediately. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply immediately through our website: www.we.org/careers
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Accepting applications immediately online : www.we.org/careers