1001 SW Klickitat Way
Provide Bookkeeping, Administrative, and Customer Service support for Mountaineers Books. Requisition of office supplies and clerical support. Provide telephone and in-person reception to callers and visitors. A high priority is placed on a personable phone manner and the ability to handle multiple tasks thoroughly and completely.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
• Perform daily Accounts Payable functions: Match invoice and corresponding purchase order, insure proper approval and cost code, complete check vouchers and enter into AP system.
• Process weekly check run and distribution.
• Enter daily cash receipts into AR system from bank lockbox or credit card payments.
• Prepare cash receipts for bank deposit.
• Update vendor and customer information and research vendor or office personnel inquiries.
• Handle invoicing and reconciliation of inventory for distribution accounts.
• Coordinate with Accounting Manager to resolve discrepancies and charge backs.
• Send out quarterly customer statements.
• Complete month-end closing of AR and AP system, including job costs and closing.
• Issue credit memos as needed.
• Maintain petty cash.
• Support Accounting Manager with other bookkeeping functions.
Office Coordination and Reception:
• Answer and direct all incoming phone calls for callers.
• Record and update messages on answering machine and check for messages each morning. Receive visitors and deliveries at reception area and notify staff of appointments and deliveries. Open and sort the daily mail.
• Maintain and troubleshoot front office equipment including phone, copier, printer, and fax.
• Track stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
• Open and close front office.
• Maintain front area and magazine subscriptions.
• Correspondence and special projects performed for departments.
• Cross-train with Customer Service to provide back-up and support.
• Work with vendors, customers, and employees to meet all the above requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned in support of the goals of the organization.
Education: AA degree or appropriate certificate preferred.
Experience: Two years experience in bookkeeping or other administrative role preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Computer proficiency (MS Office required, electronic accounting, sales, and inventory systems preferred); excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Licenses / Special requirements: None
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time in a fast paced work environment.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation. Occasional lifting up to ten lbs. Sitting up to 8 hours a day at front desk and using keyboard.
Health, dental, and LTD, life insurance
Vacation accrued at 10 days per year
Sick time accrued at 10 days per year
Holidays 10 days per year
401K matching at anniversary
Minimum Education Required