Details: This position offers a competitive local Guatemalan salary
The Social Entrepreneurship Program Manager oversees the Trade School department, managing the department budget and strategic plan, conducting impact analysis and overseeing sales and establishing partnerships of the Carpentry Social Enterprise. This role also supports the Microloans program with donor communication and reporting.
- Manage budget and income tracking/reporting system for all trade schools
- Coordinate and conduct monitoring and evaluation for each of the trade schools
- Increase revenue with a view to becoming a self-sustaining social enterprise
- Market carpentry products and develop and maintain partnerships with external vendors in Guatemala and abroad
- Collaborate with Artisan Program coordinator to supply Mayan Families’ store with carpentry products, manage Etsy site, and fulfill orders
- Collaborate with trade school coordinator to ensure that carpentry orders are fulfilled
- Ensure Trade schools have sufficient numbers of students in attendance and all necessary supplies and equipment
- Work with carpenters to develop and deliver marketable product designs
- Ensure consistent and quality communication with relevant VIP donors and create communications content to promote the program, including quarterly and annual reports
- Give tours of trade schools to visiting donors and groups
- Coordinate and report on M&E for program
- Assist with program planning and development
- Manage donor communication
- Assist with financial reporting and track and coordinate transfer of donations
- Create communications content for the program
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required, plus 2-4 years of related work experience. Preferred degrees include: International Studies, Development, Nonprofit Management, Business
- Strong passion for health, indigenous rights, and grassroots development.
- Ability to adapt and change working styles for a rapidly changing and growing, multicultural workplace.
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in Latin America or with indigenous people.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both written and spoken).
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills- able to express compelling stories and communicate in a professional manner with donors, clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team without close supervision.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet critical deadlines, and provide excellent follow up.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Understanding of social and economic issues facing indigenous Guatemalans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write "Social Entrepreneurship Program Manager" as the subject of the email.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
For more information please visit www.mayanfamilies.org