Details: JCC provides a rich benefits package including generous time off, medical/dental/vision options and much more!
300 Revere Drive
The Communications Coordinator is a key member of the Marketing & Communications team responsible for growing JCC Chicago’s mission and brand through robust marketing and external relations efforts, including community outreach and management.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Director, Program Marketing & Communications on the development, planning and execution of results-oriented, integrated, strategic communications programs aimed at maximizing agency and program awareness, engagement and revenue through a variety of public relations and social media tactics. She/he will ensure plans lead to long-term audience growth and execute successful promotions to attract new and retain current audiences. This individual will be a critical agent of change in the development of new and exciting strategies to build and strengthen our community connections.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- In partnership with the Director, Program Marketing, ensure all marketplace communication is aligned with JCC Chicago’s brand positioning to deliver differentiation across target audiences with an external view to connecting community with mission.
- Help develop and implement, both proactive and reactive traditional public relations strategies, including the maintenance of the media list, distribution of releases, media follow-up, etc. Articulate sound messaging strategies within campaigns that integrate customer, JCC Chicago and program insights.
- Continually monitor and engage in social media community conversations on behalf of the agency and programs; grow community followers, friends and subscribers and help identify emerging social networks and platforms.
- Communicate and implement (and, at times, develop and plan) public relations and social media programs; utilize multiple social platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. that achieve agency and program awareness and engagement goals.
- Write engaging on-brand content and releases that connect communications strategies to our customers and community. Share “ownership” of the agency’s community presence and accountability for its relevancy and success in the marketplace.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of customer-focused communication channels, including digital (email, web, mobile, etc.), direct mail, calendar creation/maintenance and other media.
- Work across departments to ensure that our customer experience, both in-person and online, are consistent and of the highest quality.
- Help develop outreach programs and foster relationships with both traditional media and the blogging community.
- Collaborate with fellow marketing staff to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the plan on identified opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- 2+ years of integrated communications experience, with experience growing positive community relationships via traditional and social networks.
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing and platforms.
- Highly proficient in MS Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with Adobe CS; digital asset management; experience with digital advertising, WordPress and SEO a plus.
- Experience with major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, Snapchat and other social media platforms and management tools.
- Experience creating reports that demonstrate measurable results from public relations and social media activities.
- Previous success managing simultaneous projects, budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited resources while still being creative and effective.
- Results-oriented team player with success taking initiative.
- Strong writing and verbal skills with experience in content creation and/or copywriting a must!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building and growing community, foster and maintain relationships with colleagues and community members and demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
Minimum Education Required