Details: 13 hour per week Saturday and Sunday position paying $16.25 per hour
6532 Phinney Avenue N
The PNA Administrative Assistant is responsible for helping people who call or come in to the Phinney Center, and for providing support to PNA staff. This is a weekend position. Hours can vary, but are usually 8:30-5:15 Saturdays and 12:30-5:15 Sundays. This position reports to the Associate Director.
About the Phinney Neighborhood Association
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
Headquartered in a former elementary school, the PNA has developed an active community center that not only serves as a focus of the Phinney/Greenwood neighborhood, but offers programs and activities that reach far beyond the immediate neighborhood, at five different sites in Phinney, Greenwood, and Ballard. Current programs include four preschool cooperatives, a licensed preschool and school age program at Whittier Elementary, a hot meal program, programs for seniors, including the Greenwood Senior Center, PNA Village, a computer lab, an art gallery, a tool lending library, a community education program, a business membership program, family memberships, room rentals, and countless special events that bring friends and neighbors together. We co-sponsor a summer farmers market and weekly contra dancing and folk music concerts. PNA serves over 25,000 people each year, has 85 staff, 1,700 volunteers, and an annual budget of $3 million.
· Greet customers, receive and respond to phone calls and emails, and provide general information about the PNA to the public
· Provide administrative support to staff
· Respond to inquiries about events, current classes, and programs, and assist with scheduling and class registration
· Process payments for classes, membership, events, and donations
· Work with volunteers as needed
· Create documents, flyers, and signs for programs and events
· Use and maintain databases
· Respond to inquiries regarding hourly rental space, schedule any last-minute room rentals, collect and record payments
· Open and close buildings at the Phinney Center
· Prepare rooms for instructors and PNA programs, opening on time and locking after the event
· This position works in a community center setting, performing general office duties. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position
- At least two years of receptionist and administrative assistant experience with a strong customer service background
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment to make decisions as necessary
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Prefer experience with SalesForce and WordPress
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service, both internally and with community members
- Experience working in a community center or nonprofit setting preferred
- Current First Aid/CPR training (provided by PNA if you do not have the training)
· Position requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, including room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs and walk between buildings on Phinney Center campus
· Team-orientation and appreciation for community-building mission of the PNA
· Ability to work in an open office environment
This is an approximately 13 hour per week Saturday and Sunday position paying $16.25 per hour. Benefits include: 401(k) plan with employer match; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; paid holidays; self-paid Aflac products; and a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals. We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally-diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled; preference given to candidates who apply by November 16th at 5 pm.
Questions can be directed to Laura Silverstein, Associate Director, at email@example.com
401(k) plan with employer match; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; paid holidays; self-paid Aflac products; and a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals
Level of Language Proficiency
English. Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required