District of Columbia
The Resident Monitor ensures 24 hour Resident Monitor shift coverage by hiring, recruiting, and training Resident Monitors for all programs. This position is accountable directly to the Housing Program Director, Short Term Family Housing and responsible for the supervision of all STFH Resident Monitors and Relief Resident Monitors. This is a full-time position
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for HR and the Housing Program Directors for Hope, Girard, and Short Term Family Housing facilities for all Resident Monitor (RM) concerns.
- Trains new Resident Monitors on shift operations, Resident Monitor Handbook, and program rules for each site. Schedules new hires to shadow experienced resident monitors during a shift.
- Ensures hourly inspections of the building and immediate building exterior and documentation of incidents and ensures that Resident Monitors are roving the occupied floors according to contractual standards throughout their shifts.
- Collaborates with Operations Manager for emergency preparedness and regular emergency drills.
- Ensures the Resident Monitor Handbook, logs, and other documentation used by RM staff are updated and organized annually and as needed.
- Ensures shift supervisors have training and knowledge required to operate security systems at each location.
- Informs Program Directors when Resident Monitor hours increase/decrease in comparison to the regular weekly schedule documented on file with HR hours. Ensures that part time and relief staff work no more than 29 hours per week.
- Provides on-call and back-up on-call services for Resident Monitor staff across all sites, in rotation with Program Directors and Senior Directors of Housing.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 38 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff required.
- Supervisory Experience Required.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree in human services field preferred.
- Experience in social services strongly preferred.
- Ability to utilize computer software such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Mail and other Google applications required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to act responsibly, professionally, and use good judgment required.
- Experience working in a residential environment preferred.
- Ability to write shift and incident reports in detail required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
Minimum Education Required